Wish I Was Here: D23 40th Anniversary Event

NewfieFan

Ok...I'm a geek...

Watched the video and now I'm crying!!!

I miss the Dreamfinder...and I miss my Figment ride...

Maybe it will be restored for EPCOT's 40th?

*hoping the current version can get the Iago special treatment!*

I guess I'm a geek too! My eyes filled and I had a strong urge to sing along (but my husband was watching TV next me).

Okay, yes, it was in a room full of die-hard fans who would bite on just about anything they were given (I'd have been the same had I been there), but MOTHER OF GOD, there was more charm and heart in the three minutes they sang together than there's been in what's left of the Imagination Pavilion in years.

It's just proof that being technologically innovative, pop-culture relevant, or focus group approved is not where genius lives. It's in tiny moments that speak to the core of what it is to be human. Sometimes that's as simple as a gentle song that knocks down our defenses and allows our better selves some breathing room.

Obviously I'm preaching to the choir on a forum like this, but it would be grand to see some of the people holding the purse strings acknowledge that the loyalty on display at the event is the not the result of clever marketing, but the product of talented people being allowed their voice without interference.

^This!

TropicalFig8

I just tear up every time I watch the video. I can't help myself. Hearing everyone sing along with Dreamfinder is just amazing. Looks like the fans don't want any pop culture icons or updated versions of the classic.

It's obvious the younger fans know the song because of JIIWF but they don't know who actually sang the song first. I really hope this is a sign of something that will change our lives at WDW.

PRNCSAurora

That is a fantastic video. JII was one of my favorite rides as a child. I think I drove my family nuts because we would ride it two and three times in a row. I truly hope they make some changes to the current version; it is horrible.

Jasonflz

Now THIS is what D23 is about. :)

Epcot Fans getting together to relive the magic of a beloved attraction=Priceless.

Now if only they could get rid of JIYI With Figment :lookaroun

MKCP 1985

Great job with your report, Tom.

Let me be the voice of those who don't really care about Dreamfinder. Even so, that was an awesome moment for all fans of Walt Disney World. Wish I had been there. . . I'd have been clapping right along.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom