Winter room specials.

MattC

Original Poster
For all the years the wife and I have been passholders we have never stayed on property. We would either stay at an off site hotel or with family in the area. We have decided to do a completely on-site trip this January. Neither of us have ever looked into Disney resorts and we see right now multiple specials are offered that end in the November-December time frame. Is it just a matter of waiting for new promos to come out? Are January promos not a thing? Or is it a year to year kind of thing.

HouCuseChickie

I'm in a watch group on another site. So far, it sounds like deals have hit for Canada and Military. Buzz is saying we should be seeing something very soon, but you just never know.

DisneyDreamer08

In the past, the January offers have been a room discount and Play Stay Dine which is a discount when you purchase a ticket/ hotel/ meal plan combo.
My guess would be tomorrow (Tuesday) for a release date.

crawale

For all the years the wife and I have been passholders we have never stayed on property. We would either stay at an off site hotel or with family in the area. We have decided to do a completely on-site trip this January. Neither of us have ever looked into Disney resorts and we see right now multiple specials are offered that end in the November-December time frame. Is it just a matter of waiting for new promos to come out? Are January promos not a thing? Or is it a year to year kind of thing.
An option might be to book a room and then convert to a discounted room when the discounts come out. Disney have done this many times for me.

begood524

So there are room discounts up through Xmas Eve. Is there any chance that there will be discounts for January 2020 released anytime soon?

MattC

Original Poster
Just an update. The wife and I reserved Port Orleans Riverside for a January trip with an AP discount. Pretty good discount by Disney standards. If you guys have any recommendations for things to do around the resort feel free to throw them out.

Weather_Lady

Just an update. The wife and I reserved Port Orleans Riverside for a January trip with an AP discount. Pretty good discount by Disney standards. If you guys have any recommendations for things to do around the resort feel free to throw them out.

PORS has a special place in my heart -- it was the first Disney resort we stayed at when we had our first family vacation with our then-small children, and we had a lovely time there. The boat transportation from the Port Orleans resorts down the Sassagoula River to Disney Springs is pleasant and convenient, if you'd like to spend any time browsing the shops or enjoying a nice dinner.

There's a good unofficial website that has frequently-updated information about the goings-on at the Port Orleans resorts, as well. https://www.portorleans.org/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom