Winter Garden To POFQ: Best Route

Raineman

Original Poster
When we drive to WDW in November, we will be taking the 429 toll road off the Turnpike, and stopping at the shopping center in Winter Garden just off the 429 to pick a few things up. Google Maps says it's a shorter drive, both with time and distance, to take Winter Garden Vineland Road right from the mall to our resort (POFQ). When we drove to WDW last time, we just took 429 to Western Way and entered the property that way.
Would taking Vineland road be the better option? What are the speed limits/traffic like on that road?

HoldenC

When we drive to WDW in November, we will be taking the 429 toll road off the Turnpike, and stopping at the shopping center in Winter Garden just off the 429 to pick a few things up. Google Maps says it's a shorter drive, both with time and distance, to take Winter Garden Vineland Road right from the mall to our resort (POFQ). When we drove to WDW last time, we just took 429 to Western Way and entered the property that way.
Would taking Vineland road be the better option? What are the speed limits/traffic like on that road?
That is the best route. The speed limit varies between 45 mph to 55 mph depending on the portion of the road. It is a four lane road with a median/turning lanes. Traffic typically flows easily and rush hour traffic is not a hassle. I will say that the end toward the turn for POFQ, they are adding sewer lines so there may be lane closures periodically. I live not far from the shopping plaza so if you have any other questions, feel free to ask :)

Raineman

Original Poster
That is the best route. The speed limit varies between 45 mph to 55 mph depending on the portion of the road. It is a four lane road with a median/turning lanes. Traffic typically flows easily and rush hour traffic is not a hassle. I will say that the end toward the turn for POFQ, they are adding sewer lines so there may be lane closures periodically. I live not far from the shopping plaza so if you have any other questions, feel free to ask :)
Right after I posted this, I realized that we are bringing our niece with us, who has never been to WDW, and if we take Vineland, I don't think we pass underneath one of the WDW entrance signs, and with a first timer, you almost have to show them the sign. So, we'll probably end up taking 429 to Western Way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom