Wine and Dine half marathon proposal

swish

Original Poster
After months and months of lurking these boards I decided to register and this is my first post. Finally after almost 10 years of dating my girlfriend I am planning on proposing to her either during or after the Wine and Dine half. We are both participating in the race and I am not sure how or when to pop the question to her. I would love some feed back from you guys since I've seen all of you have alot of great suggestions and comments here on other proposals in the past. Thanks for the help!

SyracuseOrange

I ran the W&D last year and a guy proposed to his girlfriend right before the race started on the big screen. It was great because all the runners were really pumped up and excited, ready to run, so they cheered a lot for them. That's probably your best moment to get a great crowd reaction.

But right after you cross the finish line might be a better personal moment. Especially if you are carrying the ring with you the whole time you run (don't lose it!) that would be really cute.

Or you could do it during the after party, while taking a romantic stroll around World Showcase lagoon.

Congrats and good luck!

LindsayLoves

The biggest thing you need to think about.. what does your girlfriend want? You know her better than anyone else, would she want to kill you/die of embarrassment if you got up in front of 15,000 people and proposed on the big screen before the race? Or would she prefer something more private with just the two of you walking around the WS as the poster above mentioned?

I think you should do it right before the finish line - over to the side a bit so you don't get trampled. If you do that it will be captured by the finish line cameras, it will be public but not *that* public, and then you get to finish the race together engaged.

You shouldn't do it after you cross the finish line because the staff will be pushing you out pretty quickly so there isn't a log jam of people at the finish line. If you do something that draws a lot of attention it will get crowded quickly and despite it being a special moment they are more concerned about keeping people moving.

Ariel484

I ran the W&D last year and a guy proposed to his girlfriend right before the race started on the big screen. It was great because all the runners were really pumped up and excited, ready to run, so they cheered a lot for them. That's probably your best moment to get a great crowd reaction.
I saw that too! It was sweet. :)
The biggest thing you need to think about.. what does your girlfriend want? You know her better than anyone else, would she want to kill you/die of embarrassment if you got up in front of 15,000 people and proposed on the big screen before the race? Or would she prefer something more private with just the two of you walking around the WS as the poster above mentioned?
THIS. Personally I would not have wanted to be proposed to in front of a bunch of people, and I made sure my husband was fully aware of it (he took good notes and ended up proposing when it was just the two of us). :D

How about pulling over during the Osborne Lights section of the race and doing it there? Other than that I dunno. If you want pics, runners are good about taking pictures for runners during the race (I have found), so if you hand your camera to someone and maybe discretely whisper what's about to happen, I'm sure someone would be happy to snap away for you. Good luck and congrats in advance!

AUPr8Hd

Good luck and congrats!

Be mindful that some people swell in their fingers/hands. So, the ring may get tight or be tough to put on depending on the time you decide to propose. As others have said though, there are lots of options. I'd recommend one of the World Showcase pavilions post-race. They should be relatively quiet and not overrun with too many people. So, you'll have some privacy.

ScarletBegonias

I'm a runner and I think proposing with 1 mile left would be great. You guys could finish the race engaged and it will help with that last push you need to finish!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom