Wine and Dine disappointment

dreamlady85

Original Poster
I was just looking at the rundisney site hoping to find the registration date for Wine and Dine 2012 (March 13 if anyone needs it), and I was very disappointed to read that they will not be offering the half relay this year. I was going to run the relay with my mom because I don't think I'll be ready for a full half. Anyway, now that it's not an option, any opinions on what we should do? Nothing has been booked yet, but we were both really looking forward to this trip.

surfsupdon

I was just looking at the rundisney site hoping to find the registration date for Wine and Dine 2012 (March 13 if anyone needs it), and I was very disappointed to read that they will not be offering the half relay this year. I was going to run the relay with my mom because I don't think I'll be ready for a full half. Anyway, now that it's not an option, any opinions on what we should do? Nothing has been booked yet, but we were both really looking forward to this trip.

Just one month earlier is the Tower 10miler. That's shorter.

I didn't think I'd be able to compete in a half, and here I am entering my 3rd one in a year...so you can do it.

Or run the marathon weekend marathon relay....I'm sure they will keep that as a marathon relay.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Just one month earlier is the Tower 10miler. That's shorter.

I didn't think I'd be able to compete in a half, and here I am entering my 3rd one in a year...so you can do it.

Or run the marathon weekend marathon relay....I'm sure they will keep that as a marathon relay.
^ All good suggestions. The ToT Run sounds awesome. Ive done the Wine and Dine, and I think the ToT sounds much more interesting.

Mad Stitch

If you were really looking forward to this race then I say do the entire W&D half marathon. You have plenty of time to train for it. I never ran more than a 5k before my first half and had no problems doing it with only 12 weeks of training. Just get onto a training program any you will be amazed how quickly you start racking up the miles.

Figment82

Actually, I heard a rumor that the Marathon Relay has been discontinued as well. That was a half marathon distance anyway, so it would basically be the same as doing the Wine & Dine Half or the WDW Half Marathon.

The Tower of Terror race is great fun and a slightly shorter distance, but I agree with the others that you have plenty of time to train for the 13.1 mile distance. A few years ago, I never would have pictured myself completing a half marathon, but in the last couple of years I've done 4 and completed my first marathon last month. If I can do it, anyone can! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom