Windsor Hills Resort - Anyone stay here before?

MouseearsDeb

Original Poster
Hello, Has anyone stayed at the Windsor Hills Resort either in a condo or townhouse? I'm wondering if it is as close as I'm being told to WDW. It looks very nice. I found some info on Windsor Palms on here but not Windsor Hills. Thanks very much!
:wave:

beachgrl

Hi I am thinking about staying there in sept. 06 if you go to tripadvisor and search there you will find that they say good things sorry I couldnt help more.

orioleinflorida

vacation homes / condos

We are going to Disney World March 17th-March 23 rd.
And are staying at a condo owned by elite Homes .I think they own the windsor condos but im not sure . I just paid my deposit this week .

Tigerdaly

Windsor hills resort is off Old Lake Wilson Rd, this does in fact make it one of the closest resorts to the Disney World drive entrance.
I have never stayed on it, I have on Windsor Palms resort and i believe thay were built by the same people. This was excellent with good properties and good ammenities.
Have a great stay in wonderland.

MouseearsDeb

Original Poster
Thanks!

Thanks to everyone who replied. It looks like a very nice place. I also like the convenience to WDW. My delima now is half the fam wants a villa with its own pool/games room and the other half, it doesn't really mater. I guess it's time for bargaining! :D "Let's see, I'll trade you one villa with pool for one character dinner!" :goodnevil I'm wondering what the overall experience is for staying in a condo? I'm sure there will be a noise factor, but there would be one at a hotel as well.

Thanks again!

Tigerdaly

Hi Debs, When we stayed on Windsor Palms we used one of the condo's.
It was in a block of about 12-20 on 3 stories.
We were on the ground floor. We didnt hear a thing and it was quite a busy time of the season. Most of the units had quite a long hall from the entrance door were they had the laundry cupboards and shoe/coat cupboards, this then opened up into the kitchen dinner section. The bedrooms and the rest were further back so you got virtually no noise from the passage-ways.
The wall insulation must have been excellent because we didnt hear a thing.

Have a great stay................ :) The pool and the games room is quite a pull and you would have to bargin far more than a character breakfast to swing it.
Roll on July...............................................:sohappy:

MouseearsDeb

Original Poster
Great suggestion

I did check out tripadvisor and there is a lot of great info there. Seems to be a lot of people like me that are either looking at staying or are already booked at WH, but are looking for that little bit of insight. I have found a few villas that rival the cost of the condos that have game rooms, but they are a little more on the outskirts, Davenport area and such. Plus, you still have to pay for pool heat, extra gas for driving, etc. So, guess it will come down to a coin toss or rock, paper, scissors.;)

DISMUM

Davenport isn't so bad remember the area of Davenport is huge and the homes are really all concentrated in one part and about 15 -20 mins max drive to the parks and you can wait longer than that for a disney us on site.If you select a home on a community just south of 192/27 you can use a short cut to Disney property and be there in even less time.If the home in Davenport has all you need then go for it .Where ever you stay if it has a private pool you will pay for the heating as utilties are not cheap .Just one thing with WH is n't still being built so there may be noise from construction lorries etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom