Wilma... keep us posted, please...

tink rules

Original Poster
Anyone who is down there already, and especially anyone who works or lives near by WDW... please keep us posted about what's going on in the area...Not just for those who are traveling... I have several friends who live there and work at WDW and I'd like to know what's happening.

I'm just concerned is all - my sister got stuck trying to get out of Houston and luckily didn't get hit. I just worry about everyone who goes through all of this.

Thanks -

WhyteAL

I'm supposed to be heading that way on Friday for MNSSHP I'm not changing my plans for that date but I might not stay past Sat. and just drive back to Miami early before the storm hits. Thankfully I still have my shutters up from Katrina and rita. Just going to make sure I bring my labtop whatever I decide to do. :lookaroun

ArielBelle

Well I'm driving to Orlando in a few hours to fly out of MCO, real intereted in Wilma's path because my car will be parked in the satellite parking (which is not a garage for those who don't know, just a big parking lot)

I work at a radio station here..so this is the information I've been hearing for a few days.

As of now, all of Florida is in the "cone" of projection. They have slowly moved the landfall point north as the storm continues to track north-northeast. The day the storm will make landfall also keeps changing, it all depends on how much strength the storm gains once it gets out of the Caribbean and into the Gulf.

I always check this: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at4+shtml/145238.shtml?5day
It's the National Hurricane's Center 5-day projected path. This is the latest update at 11 am, the next path will either be adjusted at 2pm or 5pm. Not sure if the 2pm intermediate advisory shows a new path.

Just keep checking this..the exact point of landfall is so hard to determine. Last year's Charley made a sudden turn north and that is when it did detrimental damage to Punta Gorda...so who ever really knows.

dzlandSr

I've been keeping watch on this as my family and I are supposed to be flying out of Phoenix saturday at 8:30am to arrive in Orlando at 3:35pm. I don't know if our flight will be cancelled or what, I guess that depends on where the storm heads. Do they close the parks down? With something like this, I figure they would until everything has passed over. What about guest that are already there at the resorts? Do they just bunker down in their rooms?:veryconfu

brich

We're flying down tomorrow. Not changing any plans on our trip as of yet. Aside from packing extra wet weather apparel. I'm feeling pretty confident that our resort/room will be pretty safe from the winds and rain. I just hope those on the coast fair well as that's where the real damage most likely will occur. :D

islandbeachnut

brich said:
We're flying down tomorrow. Not changing any plans on our trip as of yet. :D

We're flying down tomorrow, too, and refuse to change plans, but it's a bummer. This is going to be our first time at the F & W Fest. GET LOST Wilma!!:fork:

gboiler1

This is the only reason we are glad our trip was 3 weeks ago! Can you say trip insurance? Take care anyone going, right now it looks like Wilma will move across the state, hopefully only bringing rain to WDW.

Tim G

gboiler1 said:
This is the only reason we are glad our trip was 3 weeks ago! Can you say trip insurance? Take care anyone going, right now it looks like Wilma will move across the state, hopefully only bringing rain to WDW.
And this is a rumor??? dunno... please use the weather forums for this...

joshwill

Its gonna hit italy now?

J/k

I'm about 250 miles south of wdw and I'm getting worried cause I'm sttill in the cone of death.

ArielBelle

No..but it is news that is pertinent to WDW and those planning trips this weekend. It's obviously useful and having it on the front page obviously has a lot of people interested.

So why does it matter so much where the Thread is?

swhite

Corrus said:
And this is a rumor??? dunno... please use the weather forums for this...

No it is not a rumor but it is news!!! Why is it such a big deal where this thread is? That's what the moderators are for.

brich

Corrus said:
True...

So I reported this...
Good thing they have you around here Corrus...:lol: And I thought Thrawn was the only law enforcement we had out here.
And with that avatar Corrus, I'm shocked your not getting gitty with this thread...:D
Thread has been created. OP has been informed that there are places for these kind of threads. Thread has been reported. Thread will eventually be moved. Now what were we talking about?:eek:

Tim G

brich said:
Good thing they have you around here Corrus...:lol: And I thought Thrawn was the only law enforcement we had out here.
And with that avatar Corrus, I'm shocked your not getting gitty with this thread...:D
Thread has been created. OP has been informed that there are places for these kind of threads. Thread has been reported. Thread will eventually be moved. Now what were we talking about?:eek:
Errr... breaking winds??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom