Will Turf Club ever reopen?

Plowboy

Original Poster
The thread title says it all. I know it's a short distance to Springs via walkway or boat, but for a resort with 1200+ rooms to have only a couple of quick service establishments.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
The thread title says it all. I know it's a short distance to Springs via walkway or boat, but for a resort with 1200+ rooms to have only a couple of quick service establishments.
I think it will. Or be revamped to something new. But I think there will be a TS restaurant there eventually.

castlecake2.0

I feel like this will probably be one of the last things to reopen because, as you said, all the restaurants at springs. Saying that, I still find it unacceptable that they don’t offer a table service location on site.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Stayed at Saratoga Springs a week ago and visited The Turf Club Lounge a few times. I asked the bartender if he knew anything about The Turf Club Bar and Grill reopening, he said that it isn't reopening anytime soon, and for what he'd heard, wasn't even sure if it'll ever reopen again. 🤷‍♀️ CM's for the restaurant were transferred to other locales.

The space is currently used as a place where CM's take breaks/have work meetings. That's the only activities I saw going on inside the restaurant during my weeklong stay.

Last edited:

MikeyK72

I wrote an email to Disney after an August 2021 stay at SSR suggesting that they give their food offerings some serious attention. One of my suggestions was to add a signature restaurant to SSR. Whether that would be to turn Turf Club into a signature or add a new restaurant was up to them. I mentioned that having a Signature and Table Service would be ideal to give the resort guests options.

I get it that Disney Springs is across the lake...but that's nearly a 1 mile walk each way. And in August, the boats were not running. But regardless, SSR guests should have the option of dining at the resort without a trip to DS.

Like mentioned in the thread above, the food options at SSR are really sad.

For example, when we first arrived our room wasn't ready and we were really hungry so we ate at Artist's Pallate. The Italian sub was laughable except for the high price which then made it sting a little.

The next day we wanted lunch at the pool (we stayed at Grandstand) and if I remember correctly there was only a pizza option at that pool bar. So we walked all the way over to The Paddock Grill (which by the way is the best food on property right now from what we found). The next few pool days, we again walked all the way over to Paddock just to get lunch...so my other suggestion to Disney was to offer the same food at the different pool bars. Not that I'm against walking, but some guests may not be able to make that walk.

Phonedave

I wrote an email to Disney after an August 2021 stay at SSR suggesting that they give their food offerings some serious attention. One of my suggestions was to add a signature restaurant to SSR. Whether that would be to turn Turf Club into a signature or add a new restaurant was up to them. I mentioned that having a Signature and Table Service would be ideal to give the resort guests options.

I get it that Disney Springs is across the lake...but that's nearly a 1 mile walk each way. And in August, the boats were not running. But regardless, SSR guests should have the option of dining at the resort without a trip to DS.

For example, when we first arrived our room wasn't ready and we were really hungry so we ate at Artist's Pallate. The Italian sub was laughable except for the high price which then made it sting a little.

The next day we wanted lunch at the pool (we stayed at Grandstand) and if I remember correctly there was only a pizza option at that pool bar. So we walked all the way over to The Paddock Grill (which by the way is the best food on property right now from what we found). The next few pool days, we again walked all the way over to Paddock just to get lunch...so my other suggestion to Disney was to offer the same food at the different pool bars. Not that I'm against walking, but some guests may not be able to make that walk.

I never found Turf Club to be super exciting, but I never found it to be bad either. Starting about 3-4 years ago, we have started scheduling non-park days. It has to do with a number of factors, but we find ourselves at the resort. Sometimes we are at DS at night, but other times we were not. It was always nice to have a place to go to where we did not have to get on a bus, and did not have to order at a counter and eat with plastic forks.

SSR does need a full time Table Service restaurant.

Phonedave

The Turf Club Bar and Grill's new menu:

Looking at this menu, my old review stands. Small menu, nothing earth shattering, but it looks good. Still not a destination in my opinion, but it looks to be just fine if you are already in the area.

Pricing is pretty good too. Captive audience prices, but not "This is WDW so I am going to charge $55 for a 6oz filet mignon" pricing.

Texas84

Thanks for the tip. Ate at Paddock three times on my last trip. Surprisingly good!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom