Will Trump be reelected?

• Yes

Votes: 99 57.9%
  • No

Votes: 72 42.1%

• Total voters

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Pretty simple question, but it has deep underpinnings for society.

Is Donald Trump going to be reelected?

My answer is, a resounding yes and its not because I support him, but I don't not support him either.

How do I come to this conclusion?

The easiest solution is Hilary lost many key states in the electoral college and I highly doubt the Democrats, no matter who the nominee is, will get them back. Trump will also point out how unemployment is getting low as a positive to his term, if true by his hand or not, and how the economy has improved. Why shouldn't he?

Now people are going to say, well Trump is this, this and that, but guess what no one truly cares, the only people that complain about Trump are those who have their own agenda and are trying to use him to get it across or lonely people in desperate need of Facebook likes and recognition.

People need to prepare now, if he runs again, he will win by a landslide.

21stamps

Advertisement
I can’t vote in this poll.

The population constantly amazes me, and not in a good way. I have no idea what will happen in the next general.

Right now, prevention of the “Blue Wave” ridiculousness is what I’m focused on.

aw14

I voted yes....however I will likely stick to 3rd party personally. With that said, the left's bench should be better and deeper. The current crop is lacking. Who knows, someone might come out of the mid term and be the newer version of Obama :banghead:

MerlinTheGoat

It is FAR too early to be answering this. We are only a year and a half into his presidency, and anything could happen by 2020 regardless of whether the public is currently for or against him today. It will also depend on who runs for the Democrats.

If you want a decent gauge about how Trump is doing right NOW though, even still the soonest we can hope to get anything close to a reasonable read on that is after the midterms in November. Those results IMO are the closest thing to an accurate non biased gauge of Trump's popularity. The media (liberal or conservative) is spinning whatever caters towards their target audience (regardless of whether it is true or false). And polls are worthless, subject to their own biases and the differing places they are taken from.

At the moment, the only anecdotal statement I will make is that CURRENTLY I think Trump is less popular than he was in 2016 before he was president. But the key missing detail however is I do not know how much less popular or how prevalent this is across the entire country. It's only based on people i've spoken to personally, so anecdotal. I know a handful of people who actually liked Trump (or at least were open to give him a chance initially), but have now turned on him. I know some who have remained loyal however as well. That means very little at this point though, as is the case with anyone else's own personal anecdotes speaking with their own groups.

c-one

This question can’t be usefully answered this early into a presidency. Not by political scientists, not by random folks on Facebook. But thanks for your insight.

21stamps

It is FAR too early to be answering this. We are only a year and a half into his presidency, and anything could happen by 2020 regardless of whether the public is currently for or against him today. It will also depend on who runs for the Democrats.

If you want a decent gauge about how Trump is doing right NOW though, even still the soonest we can hope to get anything close to a reasonable read on that is after the midterms in November. Those results IMO are the closest thing to an accurate non biased gauge of Trump's popularity. The media (liberal or conservative) is spinning whatever caters towards their target audience (regardless of whether it is true or false). And polls are worthless, subject to their own biases and the differing places they are taken from.

At the moment, the only anecdotal statement I will make is that CURRENTLY I think Trump is less popular than he was in 2016 before he was president. But the key missing detail however is I do not know how much less popular or how prevalent this is across the entire country. It's only based on people i've spoken to personally, so anecdotal. I know a handful of people who actually liked Trump (or at least were open to give him a chance initially), but have now turned on him. I know some who have remained loyal however as well. That means very little at this point though, as is the case with anyone else's own personal anecdotes speaking with their own groups.

I have to disagree with this.. but normally I would agree.

I think this coming midterm will be less about what Trump is actually accomplishing, and more about a movement against guns...and linking all republicans to school shootings.

MerlinTheGoat

I have to disagree with this.. but normally I would agree.

I think this coming midterm will be less about what Trump is actually accomplishing, and more about a movement against guns...and linking all republicans to school shootings.
Personally i'm not convinced the gun debate will be THAT big of a deciding factor in the midterms. I'm sure the topic will come up, but Republicans do have avenues to counter. Provided they can avoid idiotic arguments like blaming violence on recordings of sex acts (the four letter p-word is censored) and other nonsense.

Republicans can use mental illness in their counters, which should have some degree of bipartisan support from voters. Even moreso if Democrats refuse to entertain the argument, or even outright deny it's a factor. If Republicans were really bold and ballsy, they could bring up the role of prescription anti-depressants and anti-psychotics. Though I doubt many (if any) will bring that up, the drug lobby would not like it.

I think Trump will be a huge factor in the midterms. They can shift the balance of power either away from him, or even more in his favor. The public as well as both political parties know this, I can't imagine Trump's administration not factoring heavily into the campaigns.

Sir_Cliff

If he managed to win all the states where he averaged an approval rating of 40% or above through 2017, you'd likely see the same scenario as 2016 in that'd he'd lose the popular vote but win the electoral college. That even allows for the highly unlikely scenario that he loses Texas but picks up Nevada: http://news.gallup.com/poll/226454/trump-approval-highest-west-virginia-lowest-vermont.aspx

It wouldn't surprise me if the low polls numbers are continuing to obscure the extent to which the electoral college system favours him staying in office another term.

Jim S

Trump has a successful economy-lowest unemployment rate in decades, lowest unemployment ever among blacks, and lowest unemployment among Hispanics and women in years. He has destroyed ISIS and has built a nice coalition of mid east countries, even getting them to support Israel. Trump is hated by the press and gets 90% negative coverage and in spite of that his poll numbers are rising.

Jim S

Trump will be re-elected based on one word...accomplishments.
Much depends on his opponent and as of right now the democrats have few main stream candidates that can appeal to the fly over country.
It reminds me of the story about the two guys running from a hungry angry bear. One says I sure hope we can out run this bear and the other says I just hope I can outrun you.

Willmark

All depends on the economy. People pay lip service to how much they like their causes. When push comes to shove money wins over causes. Right now the economy is pointing up. What is going to be the Dems rallying cry? We need to raise taxes?

That will go over well :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Nubs70

The current Dem primary is filled with left and further left candidates with the furthest left candidates tending to lead.

This will leave the general election to a choice of moderate/right Rep vs moonbat/left Dem.

Blue Wave looks like a 5 gallon bucket.

KBLovesDisney

I have to admit. I stopped voting for presidents a few years ago because I honestly never know who to vote for because all you got to go by is past accomplishments (or regrets) and nay-says.

Prince-1

I have to admit. I stopped voting for presidents a few years ago because I honestly never know who to vote for because all you got to go by is past accomplishments (or regrets) and nay-says.

And that is totally your choice but I have a brother who does not vote for the president and I tell him that he then has lost the ability to criticize or complain about anything he (and eventually she) does.

Now does he....all the time!!

KBLovesDisney

And that is totally your choice but I have a brother who does not vote for the president and I tell him that he then has lost the ability to criticize or complain about anything he (and eventually she) does.

Now does he....all the time!!
Yep, I have no right to complain. But I do however shake my head in silent bewilderment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom