Will Tron Lightcycle age gracefully?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Thinking some of our older favorites especially the more modern attractions I can remember how they looked when things started going bad. Most noticeable was the lighting which Tron Lightcycle is going to have allot of and we all know how bad Disney is at keeping up with detail many of what’s going to be featured on this ride.

Archie123

Things will be great for awhile and then things that break will be allowed to stay broken like they have in other attractions. This is the norm.

JIMINYCR

Being the newly anticipated, greatly hyped, flashy attraction that has great reviews in another park, one that Disney is counting on bringing massive guests back to WDW because of its reputation, its going to be kept in pristine working order at first. It will get the attention and care needed because its going to be the flagship of MK. Like all attractions, it will eventually lose its place when the next new flash is introduced in a park with new technologically advanced parts. Like all others it will take a while to deteriorate, but eventually like all things it will start off with minor issues, some burnt out lighting parts and progressively get worse. Hey... I'm sure Tron will run great in the dark as well as in the dim light.

Brer Panther

Methinks that it will have incredibly long lines for years to come, regardless of how good it is.

After all, Toy Story Mania still gets incredibly long lines and that ride opened in... what, 2008? Then again, Toy Story seems to be a big more popular than Tron...

waltography

Depends on maintenance. It'll have no trouble getting popularity as a well-themed coaster - the coaster spilling out of the structure at night is gorgeous from the videos online - but it looks like the coaster relies on some effects that need to be in order or else the experience depreciates, like the lit "wheels" used in tandem with the mirrors.

UNCgolf

Methinks that it will have incredibly long lines for years to come, regardless of how good it is.

After all, Toy Story Mania still gets incredibly long lines and that ride opened in... what, 2008? Then again, Toy Story seems to be a big more popular than Tron...

Toy Story Mania is also in a park that's sorely lacking attractions. Tron will not be.

J4546

i love tron, but thats just like, my opinion man. and the canopy system will be a welcome addition to the look of tomorrow land imo.

bryanfze55

I don’t get all the fuss over the ride. It’s a relatively unthemed roller coaster during the day, and a relatively unthemed roller coaster with cool lighting at night. I’ve said many times that I think it will screw up the skyline at Magic Kingdom.

Surfin' Tuna

An eyesore in the wrong park? How could that not age well?

In all seriousness, I hadn't given it a lot of thought, but you're right. They will neglect the lights the way the always do, and it will be a problem. This is actually going to be a real bummer when it happens. The cool lights are the only real draw to this overpriced disaster.

Giss Neric

If they do layovers in Tron like in Space Mountain seasonally then I think it will do just fine. All they need to do is shut off all the effects in the ride and make it Tron in complete darkness for Halloween or make a Holiday theme soundtrack.

Club Cooloholic

Mania is an incredibly fun ride that, due to the gaming aspect lends itself to repeat rides. Having ridden Tron myself, it LOOKS awesome, but the actual experience is not so thrilling. It will pack em in, but not sure it will end up as beloved as some of the other coasters.

celluloid

In all seriousness, I hadn't given it a lot of thought, but you're right. They will neglect the lights the way the always do, and it will be a problem. This is actually going to be a real bummer when it happens. The cool lights are the only real draw to this overpriced disaster.

I also have my concerns with how dirty the canopy is going to become.

Club Cooloholic

It will slide in perfectly with the ride based on a contemporary space toy. When do they drop the "Future" and just call it Tech and Space World?

thomas998

If they do layovers in Tron like in Space Mountain seasonally then I think it will do just fine. All they need to do is shut off all the effects in the ride and make it Tron in complete darkness for Halloween or make a Holiday theme soundtrack.
WDW doesn't do overlays. Remember DL only does it because they court the locals, WDW is always chasing the out of town guests and that means they don't want a guest that did their once in a lifetime trip in the wrong month to leave complaining that they didn't get to ride X or Y like they should because it had some cheesy seasonal overlay on it. As someone that has done lots of trips to DL when they were doing overlays on rides, the overlays are at best interesting the first time you experience them , but I have never been on a ride with an overlay where I got off of it thinking that it was better with the overlay than it was without it. Frankly they can be very annoying on some rides like Haunted Mansion with the god awful Nightmare before Christmas overlay which puts the whole atmosphere of the ride into carnival land.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I don't think it will.
Its already an outdated theme.
I'll definitely ride it once but if its anything like other coasters that have that type of seating I won't care to ride it all the time.
If the theme was different that may be a different story.

The Great Gonzo

As long as it's a great ride I think it will remain relevant. Look at Splash Mountain, it's supposedly based on a racist movie that many of us haven't seen. Yet it has remained a classic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom