Will Tomorrowland be renamed Star Wars Land?

mharrington

Original Poster
I have a question: assuming that the plans for a Star Wars-type overlay go through, will Tomorrowland be renamed Star Wars Land?

And please, no joking or sarcasm.

Cosmic Commando

I don't think it's necessary; they can just promote the attractions within Tomorrowland. Plus, what raven said and it also leaves the door open in the future for other non-Star Wars stuff to go in there.

NiarrNDisney

I doubt it! Tomorrowland will still have its original attractions like Finding Nemo, Space Mt. etc etc. unless they decide to do some sort of overlay, but I can't see how Buzz Lightyear and the Ewoks will work together.

TP2000

I doubt it! Tomorrowland will still have its original attractions like Finding Nemo, Space Mt. etc etc. unless they decide to do some sort of overlay, but I can't see how Buzz Lightyear and the Ewoks will work together.

It will be no worse than Buzz Lightyear and Autopia freeways working together, or Star Tours 2.0 and Finding Nemo working together, or Space Mountain and Jedi Training Academy working together, or Honda robot shows and yesterland pizza parlors working together, or 1980's Michael Jackson retro tributes with new Marvel Thor and Ironman exhibits, which is the current situation. (And the basic situation in every Tomorrowland in all five parks that have a Tomorrowland)

In short, if you stop and think about it too hard, Tomorrowland is a thematic nightmare in every park around the world. Tomorrowland has always been that way, and likely always will be. A Space Port theme is probably a tidier way to pull most of those things together from a story perspective. Surprised they didn't think of it sooner.

I don't think they'll rename the place Star Wars Land; that's just the working title that Miceage has given the concept they've leaked to remake Tomorrowland into a Space Port theme and add some big new Star Wars themed attractions on the back half of the land.

lazyboy97o

A Space Port theme is probably a tidier way to pull most of those things together from a story perspective. Surprised they didn't think of it sooner.
If this happens I have a hard time not seeing a repeat of Tomorrowland 94. Pretty, redone front half; same old, mostly untouched back half.

mharrington

Original Poster

Actually, I heard that the subs may or may not be removed altogether.

Anyway, I just read about something like this posted on Facebook: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01...g-tomorrowland-based-on-star-wars-episode-vii. It seems as though they are indeed planning to rename the land Star Wars Land.

mharrington

Original Poster
No. The Tomorrowland name dates back to opening day (even if the land itself wasn't quite ready). Fans would go nuts. Disney is willing to ignore its heritage in some ways, but not to that extent...I think.

There's a first time for everything. I'm bringing this up because some of my friends on Facebook are quite alarmed by what is likely to happen and how it goes against what Walt stands for.

Wilt Dasney

There's a first time for everything. I'm bringing this up because some of my friends on Facebook are quite alarmed by what is likely to happen and how it goes against what Walt stands for.

I wouldn't worry about it. Some internet journalist used the phrase "Stars War Land" as a generic reference to a planned expansion, without even saying there were plans to use the name. The writer just threw it in offhandedly. Concluding anything about Disney's plans from that is really a bit silly, if you ask me.

Figments Friend

Yeah, i am on the team that says *NO* to *Star Wars Land*.
So i pray to the Tiki Gods, KEEP the Land *Tomorrowland* as it should be.
In my opinion it would be a stupid move to change the name.
Utterly stupid.
That kind of name-calling ...save it for the non-Castle spin off Parks like DCA or DHS.

Tomorrowland does not need a SW invasion to *fix it*.
It needs a fresh new design overhaul and some new, cutting edge experiences in some of the show buildings that could be used for better purposes.
Keep it *retro-futuristic*...keep it *cool looking*...but a design refresh, yes.
That it can use.

Star Wars attractions overload, taking over TL?
No thanks.
Save that for a expansion over at DCA...or even better, DHS.

A Tomorrowland with some neat futuristic-themed attractions/experiences again..?
Hell YES!
Start with a nice refresh of the area...then build up some new offerings.

I can wait.
It has been a few years already ( more then a few..).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom