Will they only hire you with a set schedule?

Marky Mark

Original Poster
Hi guys! So I used to be a Life Guard at the Poly/Grand a couple years ago. I enjoyed my time as a cast member, but I quit to pursue a career as a Firefighter in Orlando. I have now been a Firefighter for about two years. Now that things have settled down I have ALOT more free time and would really enjoy getting a second job in Disney entertainment. I recently did a character audition, made it all the way through with about 5 other guys. I then got emailed to submit my resume, and then later, a phone interview for a part time position, which went very well.

What you may or may not know about firefighters is our work schedule. We work 24 hours on, then 48 hours off. So I have about 96 hours a 7 day week I am available and can work with Disney. However due to the rotation of 24 on 48 off, I don't have "set days" off. So I can't say, ill work every wed-thur-fri. Because if im off this wed, ill be off next wed but work the following. So on and so forth.

SO, the perk is, I have my set availability for the whole year. I literally can give a calendar of every day that I am available for an entire year, I just can't say "ill be off and available EVERY, mon-wed" they would have to schedule me according to my days off that week/month.

So my question is, do they have the ability to do that? Does anyone know a cast member that has or had a rotation schedule like a firefighter or nurse?
Esp in entertainment?

I did mention it on the phone interview and the lady told me she would have to run it by her supervisor, who is on vacation for another week. Hence why I'm here lol wondering what my chances are of being hired are.

Thanks for your time !

Last edited:

Tinkrbell

Your best option would be to try for seasonal. With seasonal, you can tell them the exact days & times you are available each week. For part time, you usually have to have 3 full days. I know for my department, you get hired for 3 set days each week, but can work more than that. If you only give 3 days of availability but want to change what those days are, you have to submit a request to scheduling to be reviewed

Marky Mark

Original Poster
Your best option would be to try for seasonal. With seasonal, you can tell them the exact days & times you are available each week. For part time, you usually have to have 3 full days. I know for my department, you get hired for 3 set days each week, but can work more than that. If you only give 3 days of availability but want to change what those days are, you have to submit a request to scheduling to be reviewed

Yeah I told her I would also be up for seasonal, just prefer part time.
And that was my concern, I can definitely give 3 days a week. they just can't be the same 3 days EVERY week :/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom