Will they bring back RunDisney Sneakers?

Respo12

Original Poster
The new balance Run Disney sneakers were so charming. I think I heard new balance lost the rights or contract expired. Anyone know if they will be back, or even if another brand such as Nike will take over? Thanks!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
If I remember, NB had some Minnie polka dot sneakers on their Shop Disney website a year or so ago. Is that correct, @Texas84? Nothing I'd consider running in.

surfsupdon

I am not sure. I know that Vans has a limited edition Mickey brand out right now for his 90th. I am not sure how contracts work, but I do not foresee New Balance coming back with runDisney sneaks. I did buy a few pairs myself, so I will miss them.

Texas84

"New Balance and RunDisney are no longer partners. We still do have occasional Disney shoe, for example, Minnie Rocks the Dots styles that came out a few months ago."

Greenlawler

I was under the impression that Disney was trying to get a new deal with someone.....but again that's just the runDisney rumor mill.

lukacseven

Were the NB shoes only available at the race expos? or could you purchase online? Both runDisney & NB sites? Seems like if they were an exclusive race-only (special edition) item, then it's not feasible for any shoe company to manufacture them and be able to sell them for a reasonable price. How did the Disney versions compare with the same model shoes?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Were the NB shoes only available at the race expos? or could you purchase online? Both runDisney & NB sites? Seems like if they were an exclusive race-only (special edition) item, then it's not feasible for any shoe company to manufacture them and be able to sell them for a reasonable price. How did the Disney versions compare with the same model shoes?

The Fit2Run store in DS carried them also. But those may have been prior years.

Texas84

Online if you count eBay. 😏

Greenlawler

You could find them at the outlet stores for a fraction of the price from what I have heard. I know someone got a pair of dumbo's at the local store for like 39.99. I rushed out there, and they were out.

surfsupdon

You could find them at the outlet stores for a fraction of the price from what I have heard. I know someone got a pair of dumbo's at the local store for like 39.99. I rushed out there, and they were out.
I didn’t have nearly every sneaker, but the Dumbos were the most comfortable and my absolute favorite pair. Goofy was the worst.

dreamfinder

I doubt it. By the end, the hype was gone. NB still occasionally does non runDisney shoes, not sure who long that trend will continue.

Initially only at the Expos. And if I remember right, some years it was one model for the whole year, the other times it was a model just for the race weekend. Pricewise, they lined up with the other NB event exclusive shoes (see Boston, NYC, etc) about $10-15 more than the regular model and for several years were the same model as the other event shoes. Shoe companies love limited edition colorways. And for the most part, that's all they were, was different colors/materials possibly with an extra spot of embroidery. And as I said, most of the major races get exclusives, heck I think Boston Marathon weekend usually has exclusives from most of the major shoe companies, see this post -> https://www.marathonsports.com/2018/03/21/presenting-the-2018-boston-marathon-shoes/ from 2018 with some of the examples (including a Dunkin Donuts sneaker!) Those ones often have more availability than the runDisney ones but still.

The Fit2Run store in DS carried them also. But those may have been prior years.

Just towards the end, and I do believe it was the previous years only.

Pretty much the last year or two they would clear out the previous models after the runDisney race year at the outlets. Usually only a few pairs and only a few random sizes per store.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom