Will there be a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party this year?

Herdman

All I can say is that we've gone to special events, from Halloween and Christmas to the old Pirates and Princess parties they had years ago and during that time the weather has been so nasty that there were zero fireworks at parties on more than one occasion and there was no refund or anything provide to guests. So don't expect them to do what you think is the right thing, their track record of giving guests special treats when they have cancelled things in the past doesn't indicate to that that is what you should expect. It is also the reason that when we do go on a trip where we plan on one of the special events that we always buy tickets for two different days just in case the weather screws one day up.
But a weather event is completely different than just saying up front that there will not be this, this and that at the parties this year. I would never expect Disney to offer a refund based on the weather. I've sat in the rain twice out of our last three visits waiting on Fastasmic only for it to be cancelled. I know we're not talking about a special event here, but the thought of getting some kind of refund never crossed my mind because the weather is bad. It's Florida, it happens.

drizgirl

But a weather event is completely different than just saying up front that there will not be this, this and that at the parties this year. I would never expect Disney to offer a refund based on the weather. I've sat in the rain twice out of our last three visits waiting on Fastasmic only for it to be cancelled. I know we're not talking about a special event here, but the thought of getting some kind of refund never crossed my mind because the weather is bad. It's Florida, it happens.
It hasn't been unusual at all for Disney to offer refunds or 1 day comp tickets when weather cancels show elements of a hard ticket party. That's different from a regular park day because the extra show components are such a big part of the party experience.

As I said, I'll be shocked if they don't offer a refund once they pin down what they'll be offering (if they have had to eliminate parade, show, lots of characters, etc.)

Herdman

It hasn't been unusual at all for Disney to offer refunds or 1 day comp tickets when weather cancels show elements of a hard ticket party. That's different from a regular park day because the extra show components are such a big part of the party experience.

As I said, I'll be shocked if they don't offer a refund once they pin down what they'll be offering (if they have had to eliminate parade, show, lots of characters, etc.)
Well that would be a welcome surprise if it happened to me, but I wouldn't expect it based on the weather. To me that's one of those "Acts of God" kind of things that eliminate most of those type of refunds.

drizgirl

Well that would be a welcome surprise if it happened to me, but I wouldn't expect it based on the weather. To me that's one of those "Acts of God" kind of things that eliminate most of those type of refunds.
It's definitely not required (to refund) but Disney has been pretty decent about it in recent years. Heaven only knows how willing they will be to do stuff like this after such high losses the last few months. But I still think if people have tickets already, and they have to make major changes, I'd be shocked if they don't allow refunds (on request).

thomas998

I think the big problem you will have trying to get a refund is that it has been publicly announced that fireworks/show/parades/etc aren't happening. So why would you go and expect something that has already been taken off the table? And while I heard of 1 day comps, we certainly didn't get any when the fireworks were cancelled for a halloween party, nor did we get anything when a Christmas fireworks was called off. It may be a matter of how much you complain as to whether you get anything, or it may be whether the person you complain to is in a good mood. But they certainly weren't handing anything out to guest as you left the events.

ruthann

We had tickets for the 9/4 party. We cancelled our trip and they did refund the Party Tickets even though they say they are non-refundable.

drizgirl

I think the big problem you will have trying to get a refund is that it has been publicly announced that fireworks/show/parades/etc aren't happening. So why would you go and expect something that has already been taken off the table? And while I heard of 1 day comps, we certainly didn't get any when the fireworks were cancelled for a halloween party, nor did we get anything when a Christmas fireworks was called off. It may be a matter of how much you complain as to whether you get anything, or it may be whether the person you complain to is in a good mood. But they certainly weren't handing anything out to guest as you left the events.
I don't think it's a matter of whether you complain. It's more of an issue of whether you ask. I think they tend to make a decision on whether they will do it, then give it to those who inquire.

Mousse'

I was hopeful and optimistic, and had bought the party tickets early. Now we're canceling due to the "resort reservation doesn't guarantee park admission". I'm just really looking to cancel the party tickets to get that cash back, but suspect I'll be out of luck. Hopefully, they will have the demand for the tickets (due to the reduced capacity & great reopen results) and will open up a refund window so the "slots" we'll not be using will be made available to someone who would like them.

thomas998

I don't think it's a matter of whether you complain. It's more of an issue of whether you ask. I think they tend to make a decision on whether they will do it, then give it to those who inquire.
I can assure you my wife asked in both instances to numerous CM's. They just didn't seem to care.

disneymom57

So my family is going in September and I haven't heard what the plans are for the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. I hope it is a go because it has always been one of the most fun times for my family. What do you all think and if you think it will go off do you think it will have a lot taken out of it?
We have tix for Sept. 13th as far as I know no cancellation, yet

Letteyeti

Both MNSSHP and MVMCP are the best special events they have. It would be a shame if Disney had to cancel the MNSSHP. I can understand guests not being quite satisfied if the parade and fireworks show does not happen, but a lot of the event at least for meis getting into costume and also seeing all the other great costumes that other people have. Some of the creative stuff people come up with is amazing. Does that add up for the value of it well that is up to the individual I guess. I just hope they still go on with the event.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom