Will the Yeti be ready for his big 5th Birthday Bash?

Timekeeper

As I mentioned in another thread, many guests have no idea where the yeti is, even after they ride. While I understand the concept of the "narrow escape," if the Yeti was in a position to be seen for several seconds, instead of whizzed by, Disney would have had to do something to make him look reasonably good by now. As it stands, they can leave the Yeti on the dance floor and 90% of guests won't know anything is amiss!

Well said, and exactly my point. It's rare for Disney to make such a large investment and not want to "show it off" a bit more. :shrug: I mean, we get more time with the talking trash cans! :brick:

Thrill

I hear its going to be a disco party!

Oh yeah give me some of that disco Yeti ya'll. He the cryptid that was born to rock ya'll...

I heard that too. They are adding a disco ball and a second strobe light, which will be faster. Music will also be included for the occasion. They're going all out.

WDW FTW

If they could get it to work with technology thats 5 years old, why cant they do it now? Even if it means using the same old stuff

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
The first time I saw him, I was expecting it but he still scared me. It WAS an amazing effect and I desperately wish they would fix him.

I have never experienced EE with the Yeti in A mode, but based on video I have seen, and from what I've heard from people who have, it sounds like it was pretty awesome.

The first time I rode EE in 2008 I was really confused when the ride was over and pretty disappointed since I had seen all the promotional stuff about "the most advanced AA Disney has ever created." I've seen scarier creatures on Phish tour than the Yeti in B mode.

I heard that too. They are adding a disco ball and a second strobe light, which will be faster. Music will also be included for the occasion. They're going all out.

:ROFLOL:

Hopefully they will also add a Disco Stew AA that doesn't work either.

IWant2GoNow

Please don't get me started. I've filed this in my "lost cause" bin. But I'm still sticking to my word that I will NOT change this avatar until the Yeti works correctly.

Not that my avatar will help in any way, just really irks me and I like to think it helps. :hammer:

MKCP 1985

I never have, and never will, understand how something that is seen for less than two seconds on a ride is the "main show element." An animatronic of such stature would have been better placed in one of the two ride locations where the train actually stops (for the forward/reverse switch). It's a bit like going to a concert where the musician plays just one line from one song. :brick:

Did you ride it when the yeti worked?

I did, and I fully understand.

To my perception, in 2006 Expedition:Everest was a fun, breezy ride until it became a unique backward ride in the dark, BUT it was capped off and made fantastic by this swooping yeti that made you say "WHAT WAS THAT?" and made you want get back in line and do it AGAIN!

po1998

I never have, and never will, understand how something that is seen for less than two seconds on a ride is the "main show element." An animatronic of such stature would have been better placed in one of the two ride locations where the train actually stops (for the forward/reverse switch). It's a bit like going to a concert where the musician plays just one line from one song. :brick:
I agree 100%.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Rode EE 6 times on the first soft opening day back in 2006. I really miss the fully functioning Yeti. It was amazing. On the first ride I almost missed it. Like a previous poster mentioned, it got me in line 5 more times to see it.
Every time we passed under it, I would duck my head as the arm seemed to come so close.

rkelly42

Please don't get me started. I've filed this in my "lost cause" bin. But I'm still sticking to my word that I will NOT change this avatar until the Yeti works correctly.

Not that my avatar will help in any way, just really irks me and I like to think it helps. :hammer:
You are going to have that avatar for a very, very long time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom