Will the fact Florida has a "stand your ground" law prevent you from vacationing in Florida?

armyfamilyof5

I do not wish to start a political discussion please. Does the fact Florida has a stand your ground law cause you to worry about vacationing here? This was just asked on our local new station and I wonder if it would change plans for any wdwmagic members. Personally since I live in Florida I am happy they have laws to protect someone who is defending themselves but realize this may not be the case in other states/countries. I would always consider the laws before vacationing in areas with very strict laws governing women, attire and religious activities but wonder if other's do/would take local laws into consideration before planning a vacation? Please feel free to step in Mom if you feel this question will cause controversy.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
No. I actually kinda like it.

And I come from the only state that residents still cannot conceal carry.
And by the time our state complies with the Federal Order to allow
conceal carry here, and our legislators write a book of exceptions, likely
it will still be illegal to carry in Illinois.

Right now there is a backlog of 6-9 months just to get a Foid Card. I'd likely be too
old to lift a weapon by the time I could ever get a Foid and then a Carry Card.

Upvote 0

lostpro9het

untitle.JPG

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

To answer the question, no, we don't consider those types of local laws when choosing a vacation destination. Even if we did, we'd likely be skewed towards SYG states vs. non-SYG states. Additionally, I find it kind of opportunistic on the part of the "news" agencies for interviews to even be conducted about this subject matter. KWIM? They're fishing for particular opinions and people to light up their airwaves. Someone should hand them a golden spoon award...stirring up the sh...... nevermind. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Considering that I live here and that 66% of the states in the US have a similar or the same law, I am going to go with no.

This boycott is going to work about as well as the one the Southern Baptists had against WDW in the 90's.

I remember that! I betcha there were plenty of 'em still slippin' in the gates on the sly. They were closet-WDW-vacationers! LOLOLOL!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom