Will the electrical parade be back?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Word has it that the Main Street Electrical parade will only have a 5 month run for the 45th anniversary until Paint the Night comes back. Does that mean if Paint the night doesn't get eaten by termites and thrown in the dumpster while the Electrical Parade extends its run that the Electrical Parade will be spending its second half of the 45th in Disney World?

brb1006

06f.jpg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Based on what some in-the-know people around here have posted, it does not look like the MSEP will be returning to WDW after it's anniversary run at DL.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Based on what some in-the-know people around here have posted, it does not look like the MSEP will be returning to WDW after it's anniversary run at DL.
They spent all that money to fix it up just for a short run, seems to me paint the night is moving across the street it it isn't going back to Disney World or there about to pull the same thing they did with Spectromagic.

brb1006

They spent all that money to fix it up just for a short run, seems to me paint the night is moving across the street it it isn't going back to Disney World or there about to pull the same thing they did with Spectromagic.
PTN won't be moving across the street since the parade will be run seasonal at Disneyland.

kap91

I imagine it'll come back someday. But I wouldn't expect it to be for a long while. It has a nolstalgia factor that people love but to exploit that it has to be gone for a while. Maybe around WDW's 55th.

Goofyernmost

Blows my mind wdw management let that happen. How expensive is a cover for the floats... I bet building a new parade costs more.
Allegedly, it was in a covered tent like structure, that had no floor. It got infested with escapee's from "It's tough to be a bug". However, the opinion has been expressed by some that it was just the excuse they used because they wanted to get rid of that parade. If true, I have no idea why. I know I never cared for it much, but, that's just me. Whatever the case, it is now gone, permanently, and not coming back.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Allegedly, it was in a covered tent like structure, that had no floor. It got infested with escapee's from "It's tough to be a bug". However, the opinion has been expressed by some that it was just the excuse they used because they wanted to get rid of that parade..
It was poorly stored. A schedule and budget had been approved for the parades rehabilitation then sadly it got eaten.

It came so close to coming back.

rk03221

A new spectromagic parade would be awesome, but I also think it would be cool if they created something brand new from scratch like FoF

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom