Will the Citizens of Hollywood ever return?

mergatroid

Original Poster
A big miss from the parks and I wish they'd return. Anyone know if there's plans for them to return, can't see any tweets suggesting anything sadly?

mergatroid

Original Poster
Weren't they cut prior to the pandemic? I know they slimmed down the cast significantly a year before Covid.
Their numbers were reduced prior, yes. However it was covid that cut them completely. I know at least one is still working at Disney as a performer, but I know several aren't.

JIMINYCR

They are missed by those of us who took the time to interact with them and who looked forward to adding them into our DHS day. I hope they are looked at by the bean counters as being worth the money they are paid to entertain us. They should be asked back. Every one had unique talents which added a lot of joy to the day and was a different form of park entertainment.

Sbk1234

I really enjoyed them, but I think the bigger issue is bringing back lots of live entertainment that could be enjoyed on a smaller, more intimate scale, including other street performers, musicians, comedy troops, etc. These not only bring the parks alive, but also help occupy people to keep them out of lines.

mergatroid

Original Poster
How the COH cast could perform in 100 degree heat and humidity dressed up in their costumes without visibly breaking a sweat is an accomplishment.
Oh definitely, it's always amazed me. Especially Jack Diamond with his shirt, tie, waistcoat and jacket combination :(

Mrs Merg always comments on Evie's figure hugging dress and hosiery combination being hot to wear. I also think she's hot wearing that but probably in a very different way than Mrs Merg means ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom