Will Star Wars have any kind of impact on Epcot ?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Back in the 80's it was obvious that the scenes and theming and color schemes were influenced by Star Wars from Horizons to the amazing blue laser beams that shot out of the pavilions which have already made their way back. The music at the end of Horizons when you picked your destination was pretty darn close, and we all know who that guy was supposed to be repeating the submarine. Just take a look at the entrance of Spaceship Earth. All of the futuristic park there just the older paint schemes alone would make you feel like you were in the middle of a scene from an original star wars movie.

Cmdr_Crimson

If we did..We would have seen this..
24968ff106b46384ad847e63ee4c566b.jpg

But, in REALITY! No!

wdwfan4ver

I didn't see anything with Epcot that was influenced by Star Wars back when I first went to Epcot in the early 90's. I better not see nothing from Star Wars impacting Epcot in the future. I think the 14 acre Star Wars Land coming for DHS is good enough without the franchise impacting Epcot, Animal Kingdom, or Magic Kingdom.

What is happening with Norway is bad enough. The last time I went to the Norway store in Epcot, I saw more Frozen merchandise than items from Norway itself.

HauntedMansionFLA

Heck, I would love Energy turned into a Star Wars ride. I would take a 45 minute ride if it was all Star Wars. Compared with the walk on ride that is Ellen's Energy.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
If I had to choose between a star wars attraction in Future World and Frozen making over Maelstrom I would easily take Star Wars without cringing. Im hoping this star wars movie shadow over Frozen.

Matt_Black

The only possible tie between Star Wars and Epcot (discounting of course George Lucas' work on Captain EO) is purely aesthetic, and even that's more from a general science-fiction influence than anything specific to Star Wars.

JIMINYCR

The only impact SW should have on EP is there will be new SW merchandise in the stores, on the racks, in the pin trading kiosks. And an overflow of guests who come to see the DHS SW land.

The Empress Lilly

Back in the 80's it was obvious that the scenes and theming and color schemes were influenced by Star Wars from Horizons to the amazing blue laser beams that shot out of the pavilions which have already made their way back. The music at the end of Horizons when you picked your destination was pretty darn close, and we all know who that guy was supposed to be repeating the submarine. Just take a look at the entrance of Spaceship Earth. All of the futuristic park there just the older paint schemes alone would make you feel like you were in the middle of a scene from an original star wars movie.
I think this is more owing to both being a product of the same era, and products of closely related design disciplines (movies and Disney parks). That both try to design a sleek futuristic environment. (Although technically, Star Wars' 'used future' design is old, beat down, and strictly speaking in the past).

copcarguyp71

Hopefully not....EVER! SW has no place in EPCOT...it is science fiction and EPCOT deals in science fact. HS is where it belongs and that is where it best fits. The first time I see an Ewok acrobat show by Inoventions I will most likely throw myself on a plastic fork and commit Sebuku.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom