Will Splash Mountain's Removal change how often you visit Disneyland?

Will Splash Mountain's Removal change how often you visit Disneyland?

• I will go more than before

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • No Change

Votes: 52 59.8%
  • Slightly Less

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • A Lot Less

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • I will no longer attend

Votes: 7 8.0%

• Total voters

Mac Tonight

No change. Though since my pass expired in May, I'm not entirely sure when I'll be ready to jump back on the AP bandwagon.

Salted Nut Roll

No change. I only go once every year or two as it is, anyway. But I will probably make it a point to go when the ride opens (but maybe after the initial hype has gone down) so I can see experience it for myself.

Darkbeer1

No change. Thanks to the ever-rising ripoff prices, the awfulness of Pixar Pier and the invasion of Marvel and Star Wars, my visits dropped—from twice a year to once every several years—quite some time ago. Also, I started avoiding Splash after the switch to the guest-soaker logs.

I remember riding it the first morning after a major refurb.

Well, the timing of some of the effects were off, and early in the ride, one of the jets designed to simulate the Splash of a Log ending up at the bottom went off at exactly the wrong time, and a big wave of water went into the front of the boat, where I was sitting.

Luckily, I usually wear bathing suit shorts (with pockets), a T-Shirt, and comfortable shoes. My camera and camera bag are water resistant.

So basically, a fire hose hit me for a second, from an angle over my head. Aka, someone poured a large bucket of water over my head and body. Totally soaked, worse than some water park attractions!

When I get back to load/unload, a group of managers were there watching over things, due to the first day.

The CM unloading wanted to laugh so badly, but tried to keep it in.

A Manager came over, said something, I can't remember exactly, something like, you got that wet on this ride? I laughed, and said something like, Where else would I get this wet? I got into the log dry! I then gave him a recap of exactly where and why I got drenched.

He talked about my clothes, said I specifically wear things just in case I get a bit wet. I presume I could have milked it for a free set of clothes, but was honest. I got a couple of meal vouchers as a thank you for being a good sport, and giving them detailed info so they could fix the issue. And the jet was turned down and repositioned early the next morning.

I also have gotten more than a bit wet in the front seat at the end of the dry Roller Coaster section, going back into the flume, as the water level let the water just pour into the log.

All things that are, and were fixed.

One of the things that has me a Disneyland, and other Theme Parks and other tourist attractions Fan is my memories of my childhood, where I was so fortunate to have regular, AP like, access to so many of them, due to my Father and all the international guests he hosted.

So when the park loses an attraction, it does pull to those memories, and the hope that whatever replaces it will be better.

But I don't have any real ties to the Princess and The Frog movie, So less reason to ride, other to check out the changes.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I remember riding it the first morning after a major refurb.

Well, the timing of some of the effects were off, and early in the ride, one of the jets designed to simulate the Splash of a Log ending up at the bottom went off at exactly the wrong time, and a big wave of water went into the front of the boat, where I was sitting.

Luckily, I usually wear bathing suit shorts (with pockets), a T-Shirt, and comfortable shoes. My camera and camera bag are water resistant.

So basically, a fire hose hit me for a second, from an angle over my head. Aka, someone poured a large bucket of water over my head and body. Totally soaked, worse than some water park attractions!

When I get back to load/unload, a group of managers were there watching over things, due to the first day.

The CM unloading wanted to laugh so badly, but tried to keep it in.

A Manager came over, said something, I can't remember exactly, something like, you got that wet on this ride? I laughed, and said something like, Where else would I get this wet? I got into the log dry! I then gave him a recap of exactly where and why I got drenched.

He talked about my clothes, said I specifically wear things just in case I get a bit wet. I presume I could have milked it for a free set of clothes, but was honest. I got a couple of meal vouchers as a thank you for being a good sport, and giving them detailed info so they could fix the issue. And the jet was turned down and repositioned early the next morning.

I also have gotten more than a bit wet in the front seat at the end of the dry Roller Coaster section, going back into the flume, as the water level let the water just pour into the log.

All things that are, and were fixed.

One of the things that has me a Disneyland, and other Theme Parks and other tourist attractions Fan is my memories of my childhood, where I was so fortunate to have regular, AP like, access to so many of them, due to my Father and all the international guests he hosted.

So when the park loses an attraction, it does pull to those memories, and the hope that whatever replaces it will be better.

But I don't have any real ties to the Princess and The Frog movie, So less reason to ride, other to check out the changes.

For the last 5 years the only positive I can think of is tropical getaway.. haven't seen RotR yet. Only spent maybe 15 minutes in SWGE last time I went. The parks are changing too fast and not towards a good direction.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Still going to go to park when I can, especially to ride SPLASH one last time but once the new overlay opens I will refuse to ride it at all on principal alone. Now if they did this to either Pirates or Mansion I would never step foot in the park again.

SuddenStorm

Can't blame you on this one. The month before this announcement I really missed Disneyland and bought some old cofee table picture books to go through. Now thinking about Disneyland just makes me sad.

The reluctance to build new attractions and them wanting to retheme old ones is getting annoying.

I just wish I could have made it past age 23 before saying 'Back in my day Disneyland was way better!"

I mean I guess I've been saying that since 2016 but still!

George Lucas on a Bench

I don't go that often.

I feel like the last great year for the resort was 2015. It felt like they were really going all out. Remember when they brought back Mad T Party just for the Diamond Celebration, then killed it again? The parks were insane that year and then they gradually began to cut out everything that had made those years pretty special. Enhanced Thunder, HBG, Peter Pan and Alice, Grizzly Airfield, nighttime parade etc.

Management seems to want to cut the entertainment and quality refurbs and slap together overlays lately. Then they bet everything on their baffling SW Land, which was a massive flop and a perfect example of the new Disneyland that isn't as fun.

I still think the parks can be saved if they ever reopen and can welcome in more than a fraction of their typical attendance, but it's not looking good at all right now, especially with their new management. The quality of the new stuff had already gone off a cliff, which was surprising considering the parks were always packed like the last lifeboat on Titanic, just a madhouse until GE opened. Clearly, it became all about cutting costs as low as they could go and profiting off the resort in every possible way without putting any money into it, aside from GE, a billion dollars that could clearly have been better spent. Now things will likely get worse.

Before the Coronavirus, I assumed most funding was diverted to GE and it likely was. Now we're just stuck with a big boring beige city littered with garbage and a low capacity ride that requires you to fiddle around with your phone after you've counted down to approximately 8:00AM. But it's here forever to apparently curse Disneyland, so that meant they could now divert money to other good stuff again. But now that they're bleeding money? Fat chance. Enjoy Marvel Land, everyone!

Last edited:

mickEblu

It's unrealistic for me to say I'll never go- but it's certainly killed my interest in collecting park merchandise, or going as frequently.

Exactly how I feel. It’s very odd how it instantly killed my desire to collect merch and I’m someone that’s always buying between the parks, eBay and online in general. It’s as if Splash was like the lifeblood of my devotion to Disneyland. It kind of feels like they hacked away a major Appendage of Disneyland but more specifically my idea of Disneyland.

SuddenStorm

I'm almost 30 and I'm starting to realize my vacation money may be better spent at places that don't gut my wallet for subpar quality experiences. You are wise beyond your years.

The two things I would look forward to were Splash and Fantasmic. Both gone within 5 years.

I still absolutely love The Haunted Mansion, so I'm definitely gonna go once that finally reopens. And Space and Thunder are phenomenal. But without Splash and Fantasmic I really can't justify the cost of attendance.

mickEblu

The two things I would look forward to were Splash and Fantasmic. Both gone within 5 years.

I still absolutely love The Haunted Mansion, so I'm definitely gonna go once that finally reopens. And Space and Thunder are phenomenal. But without Splash and Fantasmic I really can't justify the cost of attendance.

TOT and Splash had some of the highest repeatability in the park. I guess GOTG:MB still does but man I miss that “Haunted” Jazz music, the star field effect and the whole ride really.

SuddenStorm

TOT and Splash had some of the highest repeatability in the park. I guess GOTG:MB still does but man I miss that “Haunted” Jazz music, the star field effect and the whole ride really.

I'm weird in the sense that I have little to no emotional attachment to DCA. I love Soarin' over California, and I used to enjoy NPH's California Screamin spiel. And while I enjoyed Tower I guess it never clicked.

To me, the biggest loss when Tower was removed is that WDI somehow found a way to make a facade more ugly than a bombed out hotel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom