Will Splash Mountain's Removal change how often you visit Disneyland?

Will Splash Mountain's Removal change how often you visit Disneyland?

• I will go more than before

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • No Change

Votes: 52 59.8%
  • Slightly Less

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • A Lot Less

Votes: 12 13.8%
  • I will no longer attend

Votes: 7 8.0%

• Total voters

D.Silentu

That sounds like a fantastic trip! Lately I had been meaning to visit family in Washington and Texas, but health concerns have been holding me back.

SuddenStorm

Out and about, KNX News Radio 1070 just had a report about road trips and how people are driving more, avoiding Theme Parks and opting for Natural Parks instead.

Well yeah, tough to go to a theme park when they're all closed and most of their offerings are shut down.

cmwade77

That sounds like a fantastic trip! Lately I had been meaning to visit family in Washington and Texas, but health concerns have been holding me back.
Honestly, the unsafest I have felt is back here in California. The more things that are open, the lower the crowds are at each location and thus social distancing is easier. The more that is closed, the less safe everything feels.

cmwade77

Well yeah, tough to go to a theme park when they're all closed and most of their offerings are shut down.
The theme parks we went to were well attended.. obviously reduced capacity due to crowd limits, but still very well attended. If they are open, people will come.

Road trips are definitely a thing though......until we got back to California, it was rare to see an instate license plate.

SuddenStorm

I know this is my first post, but I joined here to escape the mob mentality cesspool of Distwitter.

I have an extremely strong emotional attachment to Splash Mountain and to me it is the most important part of the park. I love or loved Disneyland for the feelings of nostalgic and comfort that it gave me. Nothing gave me those feelings stronger than Splash Mountain. The music loop around the Mountain is one of the most important things in the park to me, far more important to me than the castle.

If Disneyland goes through with destroying the ride that is perhaps the most well realized theme park attraction in history, I will no longer attend since one of the main reasons that I attend will no longer be there.

Disney underestimates how much nostalgia is part of their brand and why people visit. Without the nostalgia and emotional connections, there is no reason to pay the absurd prices that Disneyland asks for when there are other theme parks in SoCal that are far cheaper.

Welcome to the forum! While we're not a mob cesspool like Distwitter, in the past we have been described as a 'miserable hive of bastards'- a title we wear proudly. There's a few of us on here that feel very much like you do in regards to Splash Mountain.

SplashGhost

Welcome to the forum! While we're not a mob cesspool like Distwitter, in the past we have been described as a 'miserable hive of bastards'- a title we wear proudly. There's a few of us on here that feel very much like you do in regards to Splash Mountain.

Thanks for the welcome, a 'miserable hive of bastards' sounds like a paradise compared to what Distwitter has become.

Tomorrowland will reopen with the Political Compass of the Future display. There'll be only one question, if you agree with Splash Mountain's Removal, and it'll determine your political leaning, instantly!

And that sums up what I hate about Twitter discourse on any sort of entertainment nowadays. Your thoughts on a ride, movie etc. do not determine your own political beliefs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom