• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Will Rise of the Resistance Save the Day for B Iger and Disney Corp?

Will Rise of the Resistance Save the Day for B Iger and Disney Corp?

• Total voters

Pooh.sHoneyHuntTDL

Original Poster
From what I am hearing from supposed insiders, Rise is an amazing ground breaking ride, that has never been seen before and will be FoP level of excitement.

If so it will totally vindicate Starwars Land, Disney Crop and B Iger and everyone will forget about all the past problems and price increases.

If it's as good as I think it is then you will be seeing 5-6 hour wait times for the next couple years for Rise.

Or will it be a highly touted, new ride that is dead on arrival like Universal's Fast and the Furious ride which was down to 5 min/walk on wait times after 1 day. If so it will plummet Disney Corp and B Iger.

This is B Iger's biggest gamble but given the later opening date for Rise I think he wanted to make it perfect and it will be a home run.

Your thoughs?

thomas998

Advertisement
Not expecting much... from all that I've heard of it, it will be another Star Tours type ride with a fancier interactive queue that gets you to the ride. I was hoping for something more along the lines of Universals Harry Potter where you at least have the feeling of being by yourself instead of knowing you are in a big group. I'm sure it will be crowded as sin for the first couple of years because there is so little going on at Studios ride wise... but I isn't going to be a game changer.

eliza61nyc

Is the company in trouble? just kidding. we need an "other" option.

So I tend not to get involved in the hype of the marketing industry. whether it's a ride, a movie or the latest Iphone. every thing is over sold and pumped up. that being said, it will be new and people tend to like new. Now I'm not a ride aficionado like many here. I don't get into whether it's a dark ride, track or track less. could actually care less about those thing and what others find fabulous usually makes me yawn (specifically harry porter land was overhyped and totally forgettable.)
I also remember all the predictions of doom when fop came out.

Last edited:

eliza61nyc

If Rise of the Resistance underwhelms the company will be in big trouble.
won't even make the stockholders break out in a sweat. now if the new streaming service bombs, then there maybe issues but the parks?? non issue. (just my view) stock has a 12 month view of hitting between 155 and as high as 170 bucks. I don't think anything going on in the parks is changing that outlook.

Pooh.sHoneyHuntTDL

Original Poster
won't even make the stockholders break out in a sweat. now if the new streaming service bombs, then there maybe issues but the parks?? non issue. (just my view) stock has a 12 month view of hitting between 155 and as high as 170 bucks. I don't think anything going on in the parks is changing that outlook.
Don't forget the collapse of the ESPN bubble.

Pooh.sHoneyHuntTDL

Original Poster
Yep shareholders will care more about Disney+.

Can there be a fourth option. Rise of the Resistance will be a great, possibly groundbreaking attraction. But do the parks need saving, potentially not.
So you are saying Starwasland is a smashing success right now.

HongKongFu

There is no way Rise will see 5 to 6 hour waits in the coming years; can not, will not even assuming greatest ride on Earth.
And outside of very select and special days like new year's eve a big flat out no way on 4 hours, too.

At opening and its first weeks it most definitely is possible.

Jon81uk

No, just that the parks don't need "saving", they will still be the most attended theme parks in the world and continue to bring in a lot of money.

I do think a lot of people are putting off visiting Galaxy's Edge until it is fully open though, so the overall popularity won't be known until next year.

eliza61nyc

I think you have to think more in the way of the general public pooh. for example, look how you guys destroy/destroyed TSL. I mean people here eviscerated that land time and time again and yet, it is hugely popular especially with parents of young kids.
so how are you defining "smashing" success?? compared to what?? yes for you guys who are theme park professionals it may suck but for the general family that has one requirement and that's usually to have fun and a lot of things to do? I've heard it's nice.

will there be lines out the door like when HP land opened? no but does that equal and company in need of saving? hummm, not even close. Is it worth standing in a 2 hour line? I can't answer that because no ride ever is worth that to me, if I stand in line for 2 hours for a ride something should happen to me that could be considered illegal in the bible belt.

I just think we need a few options that aren't full drama. Iger and Corp are pretty good for the next 4 years easy. heck I read this morning that they feds are thinking of slashing interest rates again. that means folks will be feeling flush, which translates into "We're going to Disney".

If I had to choose between the options I'd vote "B"

Last edited:

Pooh.sHoneyHuntTDL

Original Poster
I think you have to think more in the way of the general public pooh. for example, look how you guys destroy/destroyed TSL. I mean people here eviscerated that land time and time again and yet, it is hugely popular especially with parents of young kids.
so how are you defining "smashing" success?? compared to what?? yes for you guys who are theme park professionals it may suck but for the general family that has one requirement and that's usually to have fun and a lot of things to do? I've heard it's nice.

will there be lines out the door like when HP land opened? no but does that equal and company in need of saving? hummm, not even close. Is it worth standing in a 2 hour line? I can't answer that because no ride ever is worth that to me, if I stand in line for 2 hours for a ride something should happen to me that could be considered illegal in the bible belt.

I just think we need a few options that aren't full drama. Iger and Corp are pretty good for the next 4 years easy. heck I read this morning that they feds are thinking of slashing interest rates again. that means folks will be feeling flush, which translates into "We're going to Disney".

If I had to choose between the options I'd vote "B"
Actually it's not hugely popular.

eliza61nyc

Actually it's not hugely popular.
Lol ok just sorta popular 😂. It's packed every time I go but I don't have the inside track that people here seem too.

Basically I m firmly middle of the road. The land will do well but won't be the next Potter land.
It will bring much needed life to HS but will not be as good as FOP.

Last edited:

Pooh.sHoneyHuntTDL

Original Poster
Lol ok just sorta popular 😂. It's packed every time I go but I don't have the inside track that people here seem too.

Basically I m firmly middle of the road. The land will do well but won't be the next Potter land.
It will bring much needed life to HS but will not be as good as FOP.
You've never even been to Starwarsland.

eliza61nyc

Oh absolutely. the park that is packed that I was referring to is Toystory land which you say is NOT hugely popular. Now as for star wars land I was going on the premise of your question which is about rise of the resistance, which no one has ridden yet.

So to clarify, no I have not been to the new star war land (can't wait until my 1st trip next April) , from the reports I got from friends who have ridden it is the millenium falcon ride is fun but not especially great. It does not "suck" (again based on the reviews).
You asked for thoughts, did you mean thoughts from only people who have been??

I can fortune tell just like everyone else. rise of resistance will not "doom" Disney in any way. shape or form.

JIMINYCR

Im anticipating a better response, which will bring a greater interest into the area. Will it save the day??? I dont think any one attraction will save Disney from other blunders that have been / will be made.... but it will not hurt. Disney still is showing promise going into 2020 & 2021.

Not expecting much... from all that I've heard of it, it will be another Star Tours type ride with a fancier interactive queue that gets you to the ride.
This ride will be nothing like Star Tours.... Completely different ride system. The main ride system for RotR is a trackless vehicle that moves you through a very technologically advanced dark ride combining motion, physical sets, animatronics, practical effects, and video. Near the end of the ride, your trackless ride vehicle will enter into an escape pod (think tower of terror when your ride vehicle enters the elevator shaft) and you will drop. At that point your ride vehicle will become something closer to the Star Tours experience you're referring to. Also, you seem to be downplaying the interactive queue/preshow experience for this ride. This section of the ride is all that most people have seen so far and many are struggling to describe their experience. This entire experience is going to render people speechless and make grown men cry.

I've been many times and its doing great. Always crowds of people queuing up to ride MFSR, purchase droids and lightsabers, and enjoying the food and atmosphere. Yesterday, there were many people running around playing the interactive games on their phones. Even without RotR, the land is very popular.

HongKongFu

I do think a lot of people are putting off visiting Galaxy's Edge until it is fully open though, so the overall popularity won't be known until next year.

Where do you and the other usuals get that??
I keep reading that from select posters...the very posters who continue to deny the obvious: Star Wars Land is not gettting anywhere near the fanfare that Disney expected.

Come January after both Rises are operational and the hordes still aren't here I can just see the new round of excuses coming:

"the economy is not strong"
"you have to wait for Spring Break"

Top Bottom