Will Remember the Magic return for the 50th oh god please no!!

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I remember they shoved that song down our throats, the evening rolled in and we finally escape that song but half way thru Fantasy in the Sky they short the normal soundtrack and the host says “and now” and it starts all over again. At that point we were laughing hysterically because that song just wouldn’t go away. It was so bad it turned into a joke for us.

brb1006

I honestly liked "Remember The Magic" mainly the versions used for numerous commercials to promote Walt Disney World's 25th Anniversary. That song brings back memories of the days of watching Disney Movies and the first Toy Story on VHS.

But yeah, I really hope Disney comes up with a decent Anniversary song.

JIMINYCR

Disneys good at running and rerunning a song thats been found to be popular, sometimes they can overdo it. A song or tune that gets connected to a message or plants an image in your mind that can impact you and influence you to what Disney wants is a success for them. The more often you hear it the stronger connection youll have. I only have to hear the first few notes of something Disney and I'm thinking of my next trip.
I think the 50th is unique enough and Disney is hoping to push the Covid adventure behind them, so they will come out with something musically special.

aladdin2007

I think the upcoming music will be very symphonic don’t know why but have that gut feeling.

They haven't done that very well in a long time now. With the recent track record and their addiction to pop and trying to be hip all the time (which just doesn't work), I'm not expecting much but certainly hoping I'm wrong. Since they used great big beautiful tomorrow in the recent tv commercial at least someone on the inside finally got it right so maybe its a good sign.

Cmdr_Crimson

They haven't done that very well in a long time now. With the recent track record and their addiction to pop and trying to be hip all the time (which just doesn't work), I'm not expecting much but certainly hoping I'm wrong. Since they used great big beautiful tomorrow in the recent tv commercial at least someone on the inside finally got it right so maybe its a good sign.
I got a feeling whenever DL reopens they will just reuse the DLP song they composed when it reopened.. And IMO this actually sounds good and it's parade-worthy if they even re-tweak the lyrics to fit to anything else. And in some cases they have done this.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Imagine if they reworked the lyrics to the Horizons theme song for the 50th and used the original lyrics for Epcot. I think it could work.

Last edited:

Disney4family

Honorable mentions of songs used for Disney Parks ads...
Celebrate You during 2010's What will you celebrate campaign.

2011's Good Life from One Republic Let The Magic Begin campaign

And the score from Universal's Peter Pan 2003 "Flying" during the 2005 Year of a Million Dreams Campaign.

When my daughter made her high school varsity gymnastics team as a freshman, she chose "Flying" for her floor routine. Everyone had the typical music that kids use. When her music started, everyone stopped and looked. Everyone recognized it. Great memories for a special time.

wdwfan22

Imagine if they reworked the lyrics to the Horizons theme song for the 50th and used the original lyrics for Epcot. I think it could work.
It’s not Epcot’s anniversary so why use an Epcot song? I like the Horizons music but don’t want it used for the anniversary. It needs to be a new song.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom