Will pronouns be added to the forum officially?

tcool123

Original Poster
I’m making this post to ask the questions if well, will pronouns be added to the forum officially?

When one is in a thread looking at user’s name or profile there is often no way of knowing of who the person is behind the screen, and as such I have often misgendered females as males or people that use they/them pronouns. In recent times I have simply been using they/them pronouns for everyone as unless I know the person or they explicitly tell me their pronouns there is no way of knowing who they are behind a screen. I personally feel like it would be beneficial for the sake of conversations to be able to know a person’s pronouns to avoid misgendering someone and possibly upsetting them.

I’m not sure how this could be implemented but perhaps pronouns could be shown under someone’s username/rank within the forum. This could be shown on their profile and inside threads.

Was just wondering if this was possible for the forum achieve or not :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I’m making this post to ask the questions if well, will pronouns be added to the forum officially?

When one is in a thread looking at user’s name or profile there is often no way of knowing of who the person is behind the screen, and as such I have often misgendered females as males or people that use they/them pronouns. In recent times I have simply been using they/them pronouns for everyone as unless I know the person or they explicitly tell me their pronouns there is no way of knowing who they are behind a screen. I personally feel like it would be beneficial for the sake of conversations to be able to know a person’s pronouns to avoid misgendering someone and possibly upsetting them.

I’m not sure how this could be implemented but perhaps pronouns could be shown under someone’s username/rank within the forum. This could be shown on their profile and inside threads.

Was just wondering if this was possible for the forum achieve or not :)
Yes, this can now be set in your profile and see by others on your profile page.

Goofyernmost

I often wonder why pronouns are necessary in a situation that isn't highly personal. Is it just another obsession by insecure people? It shouldn't matter if one is a "whatever they identify with". The term "one" covers all of them and I can't think of a single thread other than a thread asking about the joys of childbirth where pronouns matter at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom