Will Magic Kingdom have the same firework shows when they come back?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I predict that the castle won’t have much of a part in the nighttime show when it comes back and they will push that there are plenty of viewing spots around the park to watch the fireworks. Also makes me wonder if we’ll see projections and pyro at the castle when fireworks come back. Also leaves me to wonder if we’d see Fantasy in the Sky or Wishes make a temporary return, Fantasy in the Sky more likely since that show is still used on occasion for the time being or even until the 50th If they get that rumored new show. And yes Wishes is just wishful thinking but if they do some true we’ll see 😆😆.

Last edited:

Moka

I get what you're trying to say (I think), but I don't think Happily Ever After will continue with just the fireworks. They'll keep it away until Disney is back to normal. The current show is so reliant on the projections, to the point where the fireworks are timed for certain projections. They won't bother.

Unless they do a completely different fireworks from different areas of the parks, then maybe. I just know Happily Ever After won't be returning until they can return back to their normal.

Stitch826

This is an interesting prediction - Fall 2021 at the earliest. I’m not disputing this, but I’m curious how you arrived at that timeframe?
I am completely guessing as well. Perhaps I am being hopeful/optimistic, but I would say not until March 2021 at the very earliest. That would coincide with the weather warming up around the country, the end of the traditional flu season, and Spring Breaks. I feel that if Disney has to miss over another full year operating like they are now...well, I just don’t see it. A lot depends on what happens when kids return to school next month and how that affects the pandemic numbers.

JIMINYCR

I still think they will use the Castle and projactions as soon as they deem it safe to do so. They can still spread out and distance many groups of people. The Castle and projections are such a huge part of the night time entertainment that Disney will want to continue it going forward. They have a lot of money invested to just abandon it. It can be figured out to do it safely.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I get what you're trying to say (I think), but I don't think Happily Ever After will continue with just the fireworks. They'll keep it away until Disney is back to normal. The current show is so reliant on the projections, to the point where the fireworks are timed for certain projections. They won't bother.

Unless they do a completely different fireworks from different areas of the parks, then maybe. I just know Happily Ever After won't be returning until they can return back to their normal.

That’s what makes me wonder if we’ll be seeing Fantasy in the Sky. My hopeful thinking would say Wishes but I think Fantasy in the Sky would be more likely plus there set up for it it seems like.

Giss Neric

I don’t see the fireworks returning until the shows can resume as normal. Earliest I see is fall 2021.
LOL! This time frame is ridiculous. Fall 2021 is basically during the 50th anniversary. There is no way they will not have fireworks during the 50th. They don't even a new parade now as discussed in other threads. What else can they offer other than merch?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom