Will Indiana Jones ever be at WDW?

999th Happy Haunt

Original Poster
Please forgive me if this belongs in general discussions, but is there any chance we will see any more Indiana Jones at WDW in the future? Would be great to have a ride like the one in Disneyland in Adventureland or DHS.

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
Please forgive me if this belongs in general discussions, but is there any chance we will see any more Indiana Jones at WDW in the future? Would be great to have a ride like the one in Disneyland in Adventureland or DHS.
I think you're about three years too early.
After the first Disney/Lucasfilm Indiana Jones is released in 2019, then we might have an idea about what could be coming to the parks.

DisneyPrincess5

Clearly money plans a huge role in the game, however, is it fair to assert that maybe Disney keeps certain rides unique to certain parks to encourage differentiation and encourage patronage to different parks?

CDavid

More often, money drives just the opposite approach. Design an attraction for one park, and clone it in as many places as practical to keep the costs down. Unique rides are expensive, and Disney tends toward the cheapest possible investment.

GiveMeTheMusic

Clearly money plans a huge role in the game, however, is it fair to assert that maybe Disney keeps certain rides unique to certain parks to encourage differentiation and encourage patronage to different parks?

That isn't really a driving force in decision-making, as most guests aren't choosing between DLR and WDW when taking a vacation, and most guests will never visit both. Modern Disney is all about cloning wherever possible. Pandora was designed to be built in other places (although it likely never will) and Star Wars Land is obviously being built in 2 resorts at the same time.

Brian Swan

I have no personal knowledge, but this has come up a number of times on various threads in the past. The "trusted insiders" have indicated that a WDW "clone" of the DL Indy ride is highly unlikely. That being said, it's my favorite Disney ride on either coast and I would certainly be happy if it did happen...

jt04

More often, money drives just the opposite approach. Design an attraction for one park, and clone it in as many places as practical to keep the costs down. Unique rides are expensive, and Disney tends toward the cheapest possible investment.

And I heard hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars are being invested at DL and WDW for new attractions. I need new sources.

jt04

They just added something in Disney Springs so I'd say the chances are favorable. Eventually. And don't count out DAK. IMO. S.E.A..

Haymarket2008

I would hope an expanded presence will eventually happen. Insiders seem to indicate that there are indeed very real plans. When they will happen is the big question. I think that the upcoming Indy 5 will bring him back to the parks in a substantial synergistic way.

999th Happy Haunt

Original Poster
I really want Indy to have a bigger presence in Adventureland, since there's already a hidden nod to Indy on the bulletin board inside the Skipper Canteen, but if i had to guess where he would probably go, I'd say Hollywood Studios is probably the most likely location.

999th Happy Haunt

Original Poster
It is fair that each park should be unique, but the an Indy ride at WDW doesn't have to be a clone of the one in DL. Actually since the track layout at DL is the same as DINOSAUR, it makes more sense to make an original Indy ride. Though I doubt the average tourist will be able to recognize both layouts as being the same.

HiYa Pal

It is fair that each park should be unique, but the an Indy ride at WDW doesn't have to be a clone of the one in DL. Actually since the track layout at DL is the same as DINOSAUR, it makes more sense to make an original Indy ride. Though I doubt the average tourist will be able to recognize both layouts as being the same.

Haha, I've ridden both and had no idea they were the same layout! Knew the vehicles were similar if not the same, lol. The more you know **shooting star**

Musicman20

I would quite like to see something replace the live show in HS....I like Indiana, and even though I've only been to Disney 5 times in my life (quite a lot for some people I guess!) I feel it needs a refresh.

The Empress Lilly

I can imagine a scenario where the Indy movie reboot is succesful, and Disney decides to change Dinoland for an Indy land, Turning DAK more into movie-IP land, in line with the other parks.

Bandini

I can imagine a scenario where the Indy movie reboot is succesful, and Disney decides to change Dinoland for an Indy land, Turning DAK more into movie-IP land, in line with the other parks.
I think the only way Indy would come to WDW is to replace Dinosaur. I can't imagine it being added to MK, since that park doesn't have a problem attracting guests. Also, I can't imagine them building a whole new attraction in DHS because of the additional cost. Re-purposing seems to be the way to go.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
He's already been at WDW. Here is an un-retouched picture of him in line for Space Mountain with the rabble. He looks a bit different than the rest of the guests since the wife lovingly focused on him during the shooting.

Ford_DisneyWorld.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom