Will Guests Ever Be Allowed To Ride In The Front Seat Of A Monorail Again?

Will Guests Ever Be Allowed To Ride In The Front Seat Of A Monorail Again?

• Yes

Votes: 148 72.5%
  • No

Votes: 56 27.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shere_Khan

I see no reason why not.
Accidents will always happen.

People are still allowed to ride the intense version of Mission Space.

heartodisney

This is an isolated accident that happened in the wee hours...I am sure there are time frames in which we as visitors are able to be in the front...my thoughts and prayers are with the family of the employee.

figgyfan

I think they will allow guests to ride in the front again......although maybe not right away. My kids loved riding up front when they were little. I have a copilots license in my wallet right now:)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Disney is quite reactionary when something bad happens on their property. They want to make the public feel comfortable, and shield themselves from any impending lawsuits.

Not only do I believe no guests will ever ride in the front again, I believe there will be upgrades and changes among the existing monorail fleet, and changes in pilot training and hiring standards.

Jenna

I'd hoped to ride up front this trip (I'd never done it before). Though obviously I don't mind at all given the circumstances.

SirGoofy

I certainly think so. After touring the Monorail maintenance bay, I found that the pilots/engineers love to have guests in the cab, and it's a little piece of Disney magic.

elizs77

As someone who has done it several times, I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. It's safer than getting in my car.

Now, as far as Disney allowing it, I bet it will be discontinued until the accident investigation is over, the insurance companies and attorneys have their say.

luvlifeinfl

With this accident happening, I do not think they will allow anyone in the front. If they do it will be a long time. but I will see what happens when we go in Nov.

radiohost

Original Poster
37 Years, 9 Months and 3 Days is one heck of a safety record!

That said, it will re-open, and this nightmare will fade into the past...

raven

I just love it how any accident at a Disney park will make international news but if it happened anywhere else no one cares. Just goes to show how stubborn people can be to what they want to make into a big deal. :rolleyes:

No one even mentioned the man that was struck by the Dueling Dragons coaster last Wednesday at IOA or any of the other accidents or fatalities that happen at amusement places around the world all the time:

http://rideaccidents.com/

Mr Toad

Might be an insurance liability issue more than anything. I'd think that it wouldn't be a problem, but the lawyers will have the final say.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom