Will Disneyland USA suffer? ALL Of Disney's Theme Parks Now Closed - Reopening Dates Unknown

PostScott

This won't make them shut up, nothing will. Everything is a problem now, if you do what people ask you to do they find something new to complain about immediately. It makes social media and just interacting with people in general exhausting, you can never win anything. Some people will continue to complain that it took them too long and that they possibly allowed more people to spread it. Some people will complain the parks should remain open and now their trip is ruined and Disney should let them decide if they want to go to the parks amid the pandemic.
Agreed. Disney has to make decisions all the time that leaves some people very upset.

socalifornian

Well there’s more than one way to walk around Disneyland
B1A64A07-F60B-4C0D-9942-4920E737CE72.png

TsWade2

This won't make them shut up, nothing will. Everything is a problem now, if you do what people ask you to do they find something new to complain about immediately. It makes social media and just interacting with people in general exhausting, you can never win anything. Some people will continue to complain that it took them too long and that they possibly allowed more people to spread it. Some people will complain the parks should remain open and now their trip is ruined and Disney should let them decide if they want to go to the parks amid the pandemic.
Well, if Disneyland has to be closed, then why the heck is WDW isn’t closed yet?

smooch

Well there’s more than one way to walk around Disneyland
View attachment 455845

No lie, the mini games look pretty silly but I wish they had a VR version of this game so you could just walk around the park in VR. I would pay so much money for Disney to release a VR game / program where you can walk around the park and experience the rides as virtual experiences. Maybe if they stay closed for Coronavirus they'll start selling 3 day VR park tickets to offset the loss from not operating the parks ;)

TKTC

Ouch, we have a 4/13 arrival at GC using DVC points.

Tomorrow is our last day to cancel without points going to holding. Couple this with GC not being our home and us lucking out and getting a studio at 7mo window, and we have some tough decisions with very little time to make them.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
What a wild day. Reactions range from

My whole family vacation is currently in limbo, all the planning, etc. but I have
it in perspective. Unless we go full Planet of the Apes or Zombie Apocalypse, I'll have a chance to go again. Or not.

I just don't know right now. I have to be OK with that. At least we are currently healthy.

THAT is a good perspective.....what matters most.....;). Save all that planning work to apply to a future adventure!

smooch

It might have to do with that people make plans months in advance for WDW but a couple days for DL. However, people from around the world go to WDW, so I think sooner or later they’ll close it.

Eh, I know Disneyland has much more of an AP culture so their visits are short term, but there are most definitely a good amount of people who plan out Disneyland trips months in advance. I live 7 hours away so I have to plan out trips months in advance to book a hotel, get work off, etc. Obviously WDW is much more of a tourist destination versus the number of APs that go but Disneyland's tourist population is still pretty significant.

SuddenStorm

A quick trip to Disneyland was plan B for my Paris trip. Guess that's out as well.

Glad to see they'll be compensating CM's, very curious to see how this plays out over the next few weeks.

PostScott

Eh, I know Disneyland has much more of an AP culture so their visits are short term, but there are most definitely a good amount of people who plan out Disneyland trips months in advance. I live 7 hours away so I have to plan out trips months in advance to book a hotel, get work off, etc. Obviously WDW is much more of a tourist destination versus the number of APs that go but Disneyland's tourist population is still pretty significant.
Yeah that’s true. I just hope the parks aren’t close for long.

MrPromey

We're not shutting down yet. (Hopefully not at all). California has way more cases than Florida currently.

Florida parks need to. WDW is way more of a national and international hub of people. We have cases reported now in Florida which means it is only a matter of time. The question is when.

The decision not to is a choice of profit and convenience (guest satisfaction) over safety and possibly even human life.

By most accounts, chosing not to do the right thing in the begiging (by the Chinese goverment) has a lot to do with how this became a worldwide problem. As humans, I like to think we learn from our shared mistakes when it comes to the big things.

Phroobar

Florida parks need to. WDW is way more of a national and international hub of people. We have cases reported now in Florida which means it is only a matter of time. The question is when.

The decision not to is a choice of profit and convenience (guest satisfaction) over safety and possibly even human life.

By most accounts, chosing not to do the right thing in the begiging (by the Chinese goverment) has a lot to do with how this became a worldwide problem. As humans, I like to think we learn from our shared mistakes when it comes to the big things.
I'm guessing by the end of the day or tomorrow WDW will post a message about closure too. They are just waiting for the stock market to close first.

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
I heard Florida is shutting down too. A friend said it was on their local news down there. Let’s see if it’s true.
We're not shutting down yet. (Hopefully not at all). California has way more cases than Florida currently.
As of right now, 4:58 PM EDT, there is ZERO news of Disney World closing.
That’s good. I’m going with she’s hard of hearing and probably only heard the word disney not Land.

I assume as you said its a mix up of World and Land, The only news we have made so far down here is Six firefighters with the Disney-run Reedy Creek Fire Department have self-quarantined after they attended conference in which a person who tested positive for the coronavirus was present.

captveg

One would hope construction/refurb projects that bring together smaller groups of people can continue during this time. It actually would be a great time to do a full sweep of minor repairs and across the parks cleansing.

Maybe get that performance rate of Rise of the Resistance worked out even better, too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom