Will Disneyland USA suffer? ALL Of Disney's Theme Parks Now Closed - Reopening Dates Unknown

Atomicmickey

My anxiety is building for our March 21,22,23 trip . . . . sigh.

I am so thankful for this forum, you folks are really on top of things, much appreciated all!

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
The next week should be interesting. E3, a major video games conference, is rumored to be cancelled with an announcement coming this morning supposedly. This would be a massive conference in June. WWDC I imagine will be cancelled or postponed (they could do the keynote online still) and is another massive tech conference. With March Madness next week, I wonder what is going to happen in regards to that considering many people travel for that. That could be played in empty arenas (which would be bonkers). We're a month away from NHL + NBA Playoffs as well as the start of the MLB season.

Needless to say, based on current trends, there's going to be some more cancellations and more sports at least playing in front of no one.

Crazy.

Meanwhile, I booked my tickets to Disneyland for the end of May and got a great deal on SW ($135/RT).

Darkbeer1

The city of Anaheim released a statement regarding the Big West conference cancellations, and this particular paragraph says a lot:

Judging from this, sounds like the city isn't planning to shut down anything until someone higher than the county government steps in.

In this city, Tourism brings in half of our tax income. The city operates the Convention Center, and is the landlord of Angel Stadium and the Honda Center. So yes, unless someone (aka CDC) says not to operate, it will continue following common sense protocols to help reduce the spread.

Jwink

Italy's lockdown isn't a lockdown like they did in China. My sister lives in Genoa and she could still go out today to get groceries and to the pharmacy and post office. They are making people wait outside and only letting a few people in the stores at a time. Not sure how helpful that is for stopping spread of the virus?
I work closely with people in China and they were also allowed to go to the supermarket etc. they were allowed out for 3 hours at a time and had to wear a mask. Essentially the same.

socalifornian

The next week should be interesting. E3, a major video games conference, is rumored to be cancelled with an announcement coming this morning supposedly. This would be a massive conference in June. WWDC I imagine will be cancelled or postponed (they could do the keynote online still) and is another massive tech conference. With March Madness next week, I wonder what is going to happen in regards to that considering many people travel for that. That could be played in empty arenas (which would be bonkers). We're a month away from NHL + NBA Playoffs as well as the start of the MLB season.

Needless to say, based on current trends, there's going to be some more cancellations and more sports at least playing in front of no one.

Crazy.

Meanwhile, I booked my tickets to Disneyland for the end of May and got a great deal on SW ($135/RT).
And there it is

el_super

So yes, unless someone (aka CDC) says not to operate, it will continue following common sense protocols to help reduce the spread.

They're going to have a hard time justifying their "open for business" stance as other municipalities take the common sense approach of cancelling unnecessary sporting events/gatherings. Anaheim's entertainment business may be vital for the city, but if they are not careful, public perception can really hurt them.

Also saw a blurb that mentioned that the Anaheim White House and The Catch combined lost $300,000 due to the 900+ cancellations related to the Natural Products expo.

Lilofan

Social Media has to be the cause of this hysteria.

And these closures seem to be more about the fear than any real threat.
One of the doctors this morning on Trump's team is testifying in DC. He said it will get worse. Blame that on social media? WHO just declared covid-19 as a pandemic.

Last edited:

Mac Tonight

Anyone else getting these ads conveniently when reading this thread???

Screen Shot 2020-03-11 at 9.48.14 AM.png

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
Social Media has to be the cause of this hysteria.

And these closures seem to be more about the fear than any real threat.

If by social media, you mean WHO, cause you mean bearers of bad news, and if by hysteria you mean now global pandemic.

So your sentence now reads WHO has to be the bearers of bad news of this now global pandemic.

You got it right.

It's a global pandemic. By doctors and scientists. Not by social medialites.

I just hope it dies down quickly, people can get back to life, and more people don't die senselessly. Oh, and that no one goes to Disneyland when I go because of concerns/cancelled trips.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom