Will Disneyland USA suffer? ALL Of Disney's Theme Parks Now Closed - Reopening Dates Unknown

Californian Elitist

We really don’t appreciate Western values and all they’ve given us enough. Disneyland would not exist if not for Western, and especially American, values as those are its very essence.

Uh huh.

Like others have said, let’s give it a rest now and stay on topic. Feel free to create a thread about Western values in the political forum so this thread doesn’t get moved.

Animaniac93-98

Read in the NYT that China is suspending the sale of flights and tour packages to residents wanting to leave the country. That will help slow down the spread of the virus, but it will obviously impact tourism globally.

TP2000

Original Poster
I'm still just amazed that Shanghai Disneyland is closed indefinitely on the eve of their busiest travel weeks of the year. That's got to hurt.

And since we've seen in the recent past, 2016, that Mr. Chapek is willing to allow Shanghai's business to have a direct impact on Disneyland USA, I just wonder how long it will be until those impacts are seen in Anaheim?

Like many things, this Coronavirus seems to be blown a tad out of proportion. It's basically a bad flu, and like all flu viruses if you have poor health to start with you are going to be hit hard and perhaps die from it.

I'll just be interested to see how the Coronavirus impacts Disney's theme park business now that the theme park business in China has basically collapsed.

Lilofan

A student traveling from Wuhan, China to his school, Texas A&M in Central Texas checked himself into the ER near school after exhibiting symptoms. He is currently confined to his home. There is currently a shortage of face masks in Central Texas after locals starting buying them. CDC screening arriving passengers from Wuhan in 5 airports but none in TX.

Last edited:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Couldn't have happened to a better communist country. I had the coronavirus. Lasted for 24 hours until I got rehydrated. They can own the NBA and Disney but not mother nature. If this is happening in China I'd hate to see what's happening in Euro Itchy & Scratchy - errrrr Euro Dis-errrrr Disneyland Paris the Threequel.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well we can now officially say goodbye to the chance of getting entertainment in Batuu.
What good would that do?
Sadly, you may be right. It would be stuff like entertainment that would be easiest to cut quickly.
Explain how a health crisis/closure that is a developing story in parks the Chinese government ultimately owns would result in minor elimination of things that they would do at US parks whenever they damn well wanted to anyway?

socalifornian

#thanksshanghai was trending and I was using a custom snap filter
4471533B-280A-466A-9F9D-E34986388408.jpeg

TP2000

Original Poster
The premise of this thread makes no sense

Really? Don't you remember when Shanghai Disneyland was being built and the American parks had to slash their budgets on everything to help pay for it? Here's an oldy but a goody. https://www.micechat.com/122782-disneyland-cutbacks/

So... now we've got both Hong Kong Disneyland and Shanghai Disneyland closed entirely, with no known reopening date. That happened fast. o_O

And during the busiest vacation weeks of the year for China. If this drags on past this week, we will definitely start seeing the effects here in the USA with cutbacks at Disneyland and WDW. At least judging by how Mr. Chapek managed the opening of Shanghai Disneyland in 2016 and how he expected the American parks to chip in and share the burden.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom