Will Disney water-down Avatar?

Prototype82

Original Poster
What do you think we'll see in the attractions? Will we be taking down evil antagonists for the sake of conservation or will it be tame sight-seeing? I mean, we can't even hunt poachers anymore. Will the themes of the film stay intact? What do you expect(or hope to see)?

invader

Hopefully the Imagineers will be allowed to take some liberties with the source material.
beastlykingdom1.jpg

Yeah, they can base it off Avatar 4. :lookaroun

:ROFLOL:

SobchakSecurity

I mean, we can't even hunt poachers anymore. Will the themes of the film stay intact?

We don't hunt poachers in the Safari any more because no one cared about that lame storyline and just wanted to see more animals.

No one cares about the Dances With Wolves storyline of the first film, they just care about how cool the Pandora environment was. Hopefully they'll go that direction, because it's almost limitless. Even one mention of Jake Sully may kill whatever coolness factor they could create.

SleepingMonk

Most certainly.

You might see some walking armor here and there but you will NOT see huge knives and guns.

I would imagine the focus to be on the glorious "natives" and very little on the evil human megacorp.

:hurl:

Florida_is_hot

I do not even remember Avatar that well?

Were not the big blue Aliens supposed to be "Native Americans" and the Humans the evil "Europeans"??

Generally want a theme about humans being hostile to nature you really do not have to go far.

But I do not think Humans strictly speaking were hunting the Blue Aliens in the film. They wanted to exploit the planet (like North America) by forcing the Blue Aliens (North Americans) onto the reservation.

SuperSaint

I see them doing great things with this land. It will be mostly fabricated, but I'm sure they'll bring in some truly exotic species of plants and tress that best reflect the fauna of Pandora. I see them pulling in a lot of the same themes of Animal Kingdom and the film--- it appears to be a near perfect combo.

I'd like to see how they are going to have people dressed up as the big blue monkey cats though...

Prototype82

Original Poster
Did Disney water down star wars? I don't think they did. Avatar land will be huge and the killer app for AK.
I agree. I do think they're going to do it justice. I just think I subconsciously used this as an outlet to rant about the safari changes...

Prototype82

Original Poster
Let's see if Disney even builds AvatarLand. For whatever reason it is looking to take them 5+ years.
Well considering it was all blue sky when they started, you would expect that they'd need to take a lot of time to plan something innovative and certainly a great deal of time to construct it.

Prototype82

Original Poster
Scenes like these make up about 50% of the film.

You will NEVER see anything like this in AK.

800px-Avatar_21008.jpg

600px-Jake_with_gun_in_avatar-1920x1200.jpg

800px-Avatar_21006.jpg

600px-Ava004.jpg

I think it kind of sucks that we won't. Implied weaponry would be fine. Something that would give a subtle sense of "this is what's intruding on this land" and as much as I'd love the ride to be action-packed, I know they'll have certain limitations to be family-friendly. They could get away with some of the fictional weaponry. The guns weren't taken out of KS because they were violent, they were taken out because of 9/11.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Well considering it was all blue sky when they started, you would expect that they'd need to take a lot of time to plan something innovative and certainly a great deal of time to construct it.

Just as a point of comparison...

WWoHP was announced May 31st 2007. It opened in February of 2010. Less then 3 years from announcement to opening.

Mad Stitch

Just as a point of comparison...

WWoHP was announced May 31st 2007. It opened in February of 2010. Less then 3 years from announcement to opening.

But WWoHP could have been in Universal’s “Imagineering” for years before it was announced to the public. Avatar Land was announced as soon as the contract was signed with James Cameron, before blue sky Imagineering could even begin.

SleepingMonk

I think it kind of sucks that we won't. Implied weaponry would be fine. Something that would give a subtle sense of "this is what's intruding on this land" and as much as I'd love the ride to be action-packed, I know they'll have certain limitations to be family-friendly. They could get away with some of the fictional weaponry. The guns weren't taken out of KS because they were violent, they were taken out because of 9/11.

The only reason they have "blasters" at Star Tours is because they're obviously fictional and even then they don't have a huge presence.

Avatar however has a huge focus on the weapons and destruction caused by the humans. Disney will never allow realistic depictions of these types of arms.

I suspect there will be big robot suits here and there and plenty of natives with spears if anything at all.

Don't look for this in the gift shop...

sn9waspweatheredforum.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom