will disney help me propose?!

donald88

Original Poster
hey guys! I was wondering if disney would help me with a plan I have to propose to my girlfriend. here's my plan. We are going with her family next year and it will be the month of our 5th year together. while we are watching the fireworks at the magic kingdom, about half way thru I am going to tell her I need to run to the bathroom. I will then meet up with a cast member who I have already talked with. I will point out my girlfriend to the cast member so he/she can tell her "someone special is waiting for you on Main Street after the fireworks" ( or somthing like that) then wen she walks down Main Street I will be standing there with the 4 main characters (Mickey , Minnie, Donald, and goofy) all holding signs that say, "Beth, will you marry me?" now this may be completely outrageous to think it could happen but I have no idea if it's possible. money really would not be an issue. does anyone thing this is possible?!??!

mergatroid

I would hope it's possible though I imagine it would cost a bit. Anyway all the very best of luck and let's hope it all works out how you've planned or as close to it as they can make it :cool:

bubbles1812

Getting the characters will certainly cost you, especially considering the logistics of having characters present on mainstreet after the fireworks when several thousand people are trying to leave and little kids are wanting one last visit with Mickey. Maybe you could think of a different time when it would be more logistically feasible for the CM/characters? Sorry, just unsure what Disney would say, but it is a lovely idea. Just be prepared for a sticker price that might shock you. Hiring characters is often ridiculously expensive.

lunchbox1175

It sounds like a very nice thoughtful idea, but I don't think it would be possible. It would be extremely pricey I remember just getting three characters for a wedding would cost a couple grand. And they probably would not do it right after the fireworks, especially with Mickey and Minnie in the town hall area, they don't have duplicates of characters out in the same park at the same time. That's why they all leave their M&G's during the parades.

JoeCamel

A proposal that would not involve hiring characters or trying to have them present on Main st after the fireworks might be to work her and you over by the partners statue, kneel down and ask if she will be your partner for life? That is doable and has been done. If you do it before the fireworks you can enjoy them together after she accepts.

MOXOMUMD

This sounds like a lovely idea but money won't be your issue. What I have learned from someone who worked in entertainment (and I'm sorry to burst your bubble) is that characters cannot participate in engagements/wedding ceremonies but CAN be rented for a private event indoors or a "controlled" area. The reason being if they are out during park hours with the general park guests they are obligated to pose for pictures/sign autographs for a certain amount of time which is not what you paid for. Can you really imagine four characters on Main Street after fireworks and no one will interrupt your engagement ceremony? Nope me either. Have you thought of making reservations for the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party? You'll have a nice view of the fireworks still. You can reserve a photographer for approximately $200 an hour. All the best with whatever you plan.

emcclay

Have you seen crowds on MSUSA before, during and after the fireworks? If anything, when you walk away from her, you'll have a hard time finding her or trying to point her out to the CM. Now, if you wanted to wait and be the last people in the park at closing, then asking her on MSUSA (sans characters) would be more feasible.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
hey guys! I was wondering if disney would help me with a plan I have to propose to my girlfriend. here's my plan. We are going with her family next year and it will be the month of our 5th year together. while we are watching the fireworks at the magic kingdom, about half way thru I am going to tell her I need to run to the bathroom. I will then meet up with a cast member who I have already talked with. I will point out my girlfriend to the cast member so he/she can tell her "someone special is waiting for you on Main Street after the fireworks" ( or somthing like that) then wen she walks down Main Street I will be standing there with the 4 main characters (Mickey , Minnie, Donald, and goofy) all holding signs that say, "Beth, will you marry me?" now this may be completely outrageous to think it could happen but I have no idea if it's possible. money really would not be an issue. does anyone thing this is possible?!??!

I proposed at WDW. The CM's helped me out with everything from start to finish and it didnt cost me a dime. I called our resort a few weeks ahead of our arrival and told them my plan. They made notes on my account and when we arrived they were ready to go. My plan was to propose at HM by the "ring" that was stuck in the ground by the queue. The queue was going through a refurb at the time which I was not aware of and my plan wasnt going to work so we had to change a few things last minute and I went into panic mode but the CM's made a few suggestions that helped make it more magical than I planned it would be. Their timing was perfect and I was amazed at how smoothly it went. They even had a photographer at MK on standby and when we arrived a CM approached us and the plan sprung into action! It was awesome. My wife never saw it coming and everything went according to plan. The photographer captured every moment and we chose which photos we wanted later. I was so happy and tried to pay/tip everyone involved but they wouldnt except any money (which surprised me). I owe it all to the wonderful CM's who helped create one of the most magical moments for my wife and I. I suggest doing what I did and just call the resort a few weeks out and let them know what you want to do. The two lady CM's at my resort were so excited when I got there and eager to help me with anything I needed. Best of luck to you, and if I can offer any advice it would be to not get distracted by people yelling "hey, this guy over here is proposing", when you drop down to one knee. It happened to me and almost threw me off my game...almost! Good Luck, cant wait to hear how it went!

copcarguyp71

Saw a proposal on the viewing deck of the Contemporary during wishes last year...guy got down on one knee. While I think the premise of your idea is original and memorable to say the least I have doubts that John Q Disney guest trying to get out of the park after wishes will give a second thought to walking right through your magic moment and killing the mood...just a thought so as not to be let down if it does not end up as you see it in your minds eye. No matter what good luck and relish the moment no matter where it happens!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom