Will Disney Ever Do Away with River Country and Build the POTC Water Park

red345

Original Poster
Just a matter of opinion, but do you think that Disney's River Country should be reopened after some sort of referb or should they demolish it and build the rumored POTC water park where RC once stood. Either way they need to do something with RC, most likely just open up to Fort Wilderness guess and use that like a giant water park like Yacht & Beach Club. :confused: :veryconfu :confused:

TURKEY

I don't think any type of new water park will be built at Fort Wilderness.

It's just too hard to get to and not a large enough space to justify building a new water park there.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
my thought exactly.............. not easily accessable to outsiders, not enough room i dont think to do the hypothetical PotC water park.......... i think best case senario, a big pool for fort wilderness resort.

mpaul32001

I was at Disney yeserday and a boat driver from the Cont. Boat line said it will soon be a historical monument because it was one of the first water parks in florida.

red345

Original Poster
RC and POTC Water Park

They should keep it like it is and open it up to FW guest, but not to others. From what i heard many people would like to keep RC open and not see closed fully because it was the original water park on property.

river country r.i.p.

i cruised by river country on a water sprite (or whatever they're called now) and it looked like it would be easier to rebuild than rehab it. it certainly looked like something out of the potc ride!

by the way, wet n' wild is the oldest water park in america. i saw that on the travel channel yesterday. river country just looks the oldest!

-billy

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
red345 said:
They should keep it like it is and open it up to FW guest, but not to others. From what i heard many people would like to keep RC open and not see closed fully because it was the original water park on property.
are they going to sell or supply you with a life size bubble to fit inside so the germ problem from the lake doesnt make you sick? lol

CTXRover

As a frequent Fort Wilderness guest, I would love to see the pool with the two drop-off slides opened up to Fort Wilderness guests. When you look at all the other resorts on property, FW is in desperate need of a proper pool area. Right now all FW has is one small family pool and an even smaller quiet pool. For as spread out and big as FW is, it could use a proper, more imaginative pool area. The RC pool would easily fill that void.

I would never suggest reopening River Country as a pay-per visit water park. BB and TL have buried the need for that. First, its difficult to get to and for those who would want to, it would require using either the boat or inside bus transport reserved for FW guests, which can get pretty full even without hordes of outside guests coming in to use them. I wouldn't just leave it to rot though. The whole germ-infested lake theory for its closure is debatable, but at least open the separate chlorinated pool, please. Its a part of the entire resort's history that is still partially operational with a little rehab, so no reason to keep all of it permanently closed.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
red345 said:
Just a matter of opinion, but do you think that Disney's River Country should be reopened after some sort of referb or should they demolish it and build the rumored POTC water park where RC once stood. Either way they need to do something with RC, most likely just open up to Fort Wilderness guess and use that like a giant water park like Yacht & Beach Club. :confused: :veryconfu :confused:

I would rather they actually develop a business plan, have some engineers draw up schematics, have a computer model developed and some actual research done on the POTC water park instead of Disney building the rumored version. To me, honestly, a well planned park is much better than a rumored park......

disneyplanet

The reason RC is not open, and the same reason you cant swim in the lake, is the water is "bad". The plan I heard of is very expensive to do. They have to dredge the whole area and close it off so they can build the POTC

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom