Will Disney Caribbean Beach Resort become a deluxe resort?

mwlillie

Original Poster
Even if Disney is still vague on the details on what all is going to happen at CBR, I concerned with the following:

- Addition of DVC on premise at the resort which probably mean an uptick in landscaping and recreational facilities. If you compare what is there now to what other DVC locations have.
- In association with the above, refurbishing (upscaling of existing facilities - food, retail, etc.)
- Possible building of Gondola system on premise.
- Estimation of cost of all above in excess of $50M

Given the above, do you see Disney raising the rates to the resort to levels that convert its' price level from moderate to deluxe?

Last edited:

Magic Feather

Even if Disney is still vague on the details on what all is going to happen at CBR, I concerned with the following:

- Addition of DVC on premise at the resort which probably mean an uptick in landscaping and recreational facilities. If you compare what is there now to what other DVC locations have.
- In association with the above, refurbishing (upscaling of existing facilities - food, retail, etc.)

Given the above, do you see Disney raising the rates to the resort to levels that convert its' price level from moderate to deluxe?
As I believe @WDW1974 has said before (and if not, I'll say it on the record), soon there will no longer be Moderate or Deluxe, but just "Near EPCOT, so you can take a gondala to the new Ratatouile attraction!". Also, the DVC should not be associated with CBR, but instead, a new resort.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Personally, I see room rates rising for a majority of resorts in the next 2 years, due to the move away from value/moderate/deluxe resort classifications and with Pandora, Rat/Gondolas, and SWL likely coming online in that time. And by "rising", I don't mean by the rate of government-manipulated inflation, I mean at the Disney rate of inflation, so probably 20+%. At the same time, I'm also guessing that pricing at certain resorts will only increase a small percentage due to their location (the All-Stars, as you can probably guess).

rob0519

We've stayed at this resort in the past and while pleasant enough, it certainly is not deluxe. They can upgrade the landscaping and add DVC, but unless the rooms are going to be gutted, made larger and remodeled to look and feel like the rooms at the current Deluxe resorts, boosting rates to deluxe level will be a tough sell.

HiYa Pal

While I do say CSR is the nicest moderate, it is lacking interior corridors, room size, and other amenities that all the other deluxes have. It would make more sense to build a brand new resort than retrofit a moderate to a deluxe. The tower rooms, I'm sure, are going to have a hefty premium over the original rooms, but I also assume that's why they're adding the gondolas and roof top dining etc, to make it "worth it" over going to a deluxe. I'd much rather stay a Yacht Club or Boardwalk, but for over $200 less per night, I'll stay at CSR. And in closing, please please please please please, don't kill the Maya Grill its sooooo good!

WDW1974

As I believe @WDW1974 has said before (and if not, I'll say it on the record), soon there will no longer be Moderate or Deluxe, but just "Near EPCOT, so you can take a gondala to the new Ratatouile attraction!". Also, the DVC should not be associated with CBR, but instead, a new resort.

Thanks for shoutout. And, yes, I have said the above. They have been working on eliminating those categories since at least 2012 when Georgie K returned to FL. Now, with all the infrastructure work and new additions finally in the pipeline, it will happen. They want it for 2018. My gut says it won't fully happen until 2019.

MCast

Thanks for shoutout. And, yes, I have said the above. They have been working on eliminating those categories since at least 2012 when Georgie K returned to FL. Now, with all the infrastructure work and new additions finally in the pipeline, it will happen. They want it for 2018. My gut says it won't fully happen until 2019.

On a whole, would this raise prices for most resorts? I can't imagine any would decrease?

thomas998

We've stayed at this resort in the past and while pleasant enough, it certainly is not deluxe. They can upgrade the landscaping and add DVC, but unless the rooms are going to be gutted, made larger and remodeled to look and feel like the rooms at the current Deluxe resorts, boosting rates to deluxe level will be a tough sell.
Agreed... we've stayed there a couple of times and just given the extreme distance you have to walk to get to the facilities I don't see how you could call it a deluxe even if you gutted the rooms because I think to be a real deluxe there has to be a certain compactness in how things are all close with a need to run a marathon just to get a cup of coke.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
What Disney is missing is the price of CBR buys you a suite at the Hilton. FP well get an AP

Now whats the advantage of onsite again????

AP buys you FP yes 30 days but advance nonetheless free parking and merch food discounts

About the only thing you dont get is EMH, 60 day fp and DDP.

But you get a much nicer room breakfast included and lots more resort amenities....

WDW1974

On a whole, would this raise prices for most resorts? I can't imagine any would decrease?

That is absolutely the goal.

No one at Disney seems to get that Orlando is a $100 a night market. Not a $700 a night one. Yet, the prices keep rising along with the blood pressure of Guests who are not feeling the MAGIC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom