Wildernesses Lodge or Boardwalk for Christmas?

packfan79

Original Poster
We’re planning a trip for December of 2018 and looking at staying at either WL or BW. We don’t prefer one park over the others and go to all 4 while there, but we usually hit MK twice. We also like good dining, a good bar area, and just overall theme. We stayed at BCV on our last trip. We visited WL to eat at WCC, and boy, WL is gorgeous! We walked over to the BW area, but didn’t go in the resort itself. The BW area is neat, though. So...what’s your pick for a Christmas trip?

Tuvalu

Easy choice.

A9109C2B-4D3A-468B-A09D-1809DDB877AB.jpeg

5464F5A3-9704-4F28-953C-BBDC9C556727.jpeg

9D091345-ED75-4079-A55E-7128E2119113.jpeg

32058CBB-F17C-471D-B190-C68326C7BDF9.jpeg

66CD11CE-7E0A-4937-8F55-DC5ECB883967.jpeg

DA6038E6-24E6-4CEE-9827-257F09F9895B.jpeg

BalooChicago

They're our two favorite resorts. WL has a leg up on holiday decorations, but hardly a reason to choose one over the other. When my son was younger I preferred the location of WL - the proximity to MK with a younger child is a plus, as it's easy to hop back to the room for a break. As he's gotten older I've come to prefer the location for BW - now when we go to MK we tend to spend the whole day, whereas we find stopping at the room between Epcot and Studios to be a plus.

Short answer is you can't go wrong with either.

21stamps

My husband is gunning for BW due to the walkability to 2 parks. I’m on the fence....WL is soooo pretty!!

Another vote for WL at that time of year. Drink in hand, sitting by a cozy fireplace after a long day, surrounded by gorgeous Christmas decor... doesn’t get much better. :)

HouCuseChickie

I would go with Boardwalk. No, you don't have the big tree in the lobby like you'd have at WL, but they do have nice decorations and gingerbread. I prefer the convenience factors with BW and you get a bigger room at BW.

packfan79

Original Poster
Boardwalk is great and I prefer it over Wilderness Lodge. With that said Wilderness Lodge is worth seeing during Christmas time so I'd consider a meal there.

Already on it, lol. We’re planning on WCC, love the skillet meal plus I get to see the Lodge!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom