• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Wilderness Lodge - Yosemite VP Suite

Dvelez3329

Original Poster
Hi,

We are staying in this suite in February. I have been trying to find information and photos on the suite, but for some reason there isn't a lot of info on the reimagined suite. Anyone stayed here before? What are your thoughts? Is it worth it?

Thank you in advance :)

larryz

Well-Worn Member
Premium Member
Advertisement
Hi,

We are staying in this suite in February. I have been trying to find information and photos on the suite, but for some reason there isn't a lot of info on the reimagined suite. Anyone stayed here before? What are your thoughts? Is it worth it?

Thank you in advance :)
Welcome to the WDW Magic!

The fact that you can't find much information on it means there's a definite gap in information available... which means you'd be doing the Disneysphere a great service by posting photos and your impressions when you get back from your trip!
Now for the opinion piece...

We love WL, especially in colder months. It feels natural to stay in a huge Northwest Territory-themed resort when it's a bit chilly outside.

Personally, I can't see paying Disney's prices for any of their suites... when the four of us go, we just get two rooms in whichever resort we're staying--connecting when available, but adjacent if not--and we each get our own nice, big, comfy bed and only have to share the bath with one other person.

Jahona

I believe the suites are themed similarly with just a few items changed.

This is one of the more recent videos I could find.

And for grins here's a home video from 1994 of the suite when it first opened

Dvelez3329

Original Poster
To be honest I hadn't heard of it either. LOL! I called regarding the rooms available for the military rate. I mentioned that it was our anniversary so I was looking for something special and they mentioned this was available. I wasn't sure about it so I booked the Contemporary Atrium Club Level Theme Park View just to get the booking in and I thought about it over night. The next morning I called and asked if this suite was still available and the operator was like - wait what? LOL! It was like she didn't have any idea it was there either. I checked TouringPlans.com and it's there. I ended up booking it blindly because there is so little out there on this suite. I will definitely post photos and videos.

To be honest I hadn't heard of it either. LOL! I called regarding the rooms available for the military rate. I mentioned that it was our anniversary so I was looking for something special and they mentioned this was available. I wasn't sure about it so I booked the Contemporary Atrium Club Level Theme Park View just to get the booking in and I thought about it over night. The next morning I called and asked if this suite was still available and the operator was like - wait what? LOL! It was like she didn't have any idea it was there either. I checked TouringPlans.com and it's there. I ended up booking it blindly because there is so little out there on this suite. I will definitely post photos and videos.
That's awesome! Wilderness Lodge is my favorite resort. I was watching videos of the suite earlier. Definitely going to have to try it in the future.

larryz

Well-Worn Member
Premium Member
You probably already know about this, but since you're eligible, make sure you get the Military Promotional tickets through your local base ITT/MWR Tickets and Tours office. It's a great discount, and they have multiple options available. It takes my local office about 2 weeks from order to arrival.

You can wait and buy them there, but you'll want them on your account as soon as possible so you can make your 60-day out FP+s. You'll also pay sales tax if you buy them from Disney. No tax if you get them from SoG. MacDill AFB in Tampa has a great ITT office, and I understand there's an office somewhere in Orlando over by the airport.

Top Bottom