Wilderness Lodge vs. Boardwalk

correcaminos

They are the same cost with the Free Dining Package
What about without the dining plan (which is not really free)?

If your kids hate clowns and want to swim that's a deal breaker. Even my kid who likes clowns thinks that one is creepy. He's old enough to not really care though.

Dave B

Original Poster
For everyone who has said Free Dining is not worth it and more expensive, I just booked a trip for free dining in July, I ran the numbers of free dining, vs the 25% discount vs a random week with no discounts, here are the numbers. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge ( courtyard view ) ( Finally ) a family of 4, include two teens for 10 days

$4770--- room only--no tix's and no dining

$6870 ---9 day tix NO park hoper---no dining

$7296------ 9 day tix w/park hopper---no dining

$7826--- free regular dining ( 1 TS, 1QS and 2 snacks as well as the mug ) w/9 day park hopper pus ( we like the waterparks )

So I guess you will say it is slightly higher, but as a family of four, we will eat way more than the $530 difference, In fact we will spend that at Cinderella's Table and Le Cellier alone

correcaminos

Sorry, was just asking prices of each not what you posted on Friday about the dining plan though. .... I'm now really confused about this thread though, or are you considering switching?

My comment about the pool stands though. if they hate clowns then maybe skip it

Last edited:

Club Cooloholic

Sorry, was just asking prices of each not what you posted on Friday about the dining plan though. .... I'm now really confused about this thread though, or are you considering switching?

I guess he made a choice and didn't tell us?
Price the same...I would have leaned towards Boardwalk as it usually is higher and with that DDP of his he can make more use of it in my opinion.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
For everyone who has said Free Dining is not worth it and more expensive, I just booked a trip for free dining in July, I ran the numbers of free dining, vs the 25% discount vs a random week with no discounts, here are the numbers. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge ( courtyard view ) ( Finally ) a family of 4, include two teens for 10 days

$4770--- room only--no tix's and no dining

$6870 ---9 day tix NO park hoper---no dining

$7296------ 9 day tix w/park hopper---no dining

$7826--- free regular dining ( 1 TS, 1QS and 2 snacks as well as the mug ) w/9 day park hopper pus ( we like the waterparks )

So I guess you will say it is slightly higher, but as a family of four, we will eat way more than the $530 difference, In fact we will spend that at Cinderella's Table and Le Cellier alone
Something is wrong with your math. You're saying room only is $4,770 after a 25% discount, which would put rack rate at $6,360, or an average of $636 per night. Wilderness Lodge is never that expensive outside of Christmas.

correcaminos

I guess he made a choice and didn't tell us?
Price the same...I would have leaned towards Boardwalk as it usually is higher and with that DDP of his he can make more use of it in my opinion.
yeah I don't know. That post I saw earlier and remembered it word for word being from STK thread. Could be another trip?

I might have picked BW if it hadn't been for the kids. BW is usually higher than WL, but if the kids would hate the pool I wouldn't bother.

Club Cooloholic

yeah I don't know. That post I saw earlier and remembered it word for word being from STK thread. Could be another trip?

I might have picked BW if it hadn't been for the kids. BW is usually higher than WL, but if the kids would hate the pool I wouldn't bother.
Is it that bad? Seems bigger than the one at WL, but never been there.

Dave B

Original Poster
Something is wrong with your math. You're saying room only is $4,770 after a 25% discount, which would put rack rate at $6,360, or an average of $636 per night. Wilderness Lodge is never that expensive outside of Christmas.
That is what comes up on the Disney website when you do the 25% discount

correcaminos

Is it that bad? Seems bigger than the one at WL, but never been there.
If kids hate clowns, yes it is *that* bad. Even we, who don't mind clowns, find him very creepy. The pool at WL is smaller and the slide is pathetic. Of course if they are teens they should be able to deal with that. I forgot that part. My family does like WL more than BW though. We do DVC as much as possible now and my family as a whole is over BW and favoring WL above most else (OKW, PVB, and AKL are in our top)

epcotisbest

I just pulled up some room only random dates in May because we don't go in July like OP.
Here is your "never that expensive."

21D831AD-6B05-4223-8C15-53CDE99D8A45.png

Dave B

Original Poster
I have booked two reservations under the free dining with the promo ending on Thursday, we are not sure which one to take, we have until June to decide, both would be new experiences for us, so we are trying to figure out from others experience what you all think, I hope that makes sense

epcotisbest

I have booked two reservations under the free dining with the promo ending on Thursday, we are not sure which one to take, we have until June to decide, both would be new experiences for us, so we are trying to figure out from others experience what you all think, I hope that makes sense

Again, having stayed at both, we much prefer WL, but the good thing is whichever you choose will probably be great. Kinda like having to choose between crispy bacon and extra crispy bacon...either way, bacon!

Club Cooloholic

Like I said if you are go in ng for relaxation sounds like WL, but if you want to hit a variety of restaurants, BW. I don't know how young the kids are, but one advantage of WL is they have quick service on site.

Dave B

Original Poster

No need to be sorry, was just pointing put the price :)

epcotisbest

Why is that?

Yeah, I found that confusing too. Nature fireworks view would be included in the rooms that were in the category never. I was not trying to argue with the good captain there, but have seen crazy prices like that at WL before, and figured there would be more included in the time period between now and never.

Definition of never

1: not ever : at no time
2: not in any degree : not under any condition

correcaminos

Totally makes sense. I just got all confused. Personally we like WL better. Our friends who have 2 teens keep going back as well. Unless going to Epcot on a moment's notice appeals I find WL to have that nice quiet, but in the middle of it all still feel. I feel it's a bit more Disney-esque with the touches

epcotisbest

Totally makes sense. I just got all confused. Personally we like WL better. Our friends who have 2 teens keep going back as well. Unless going to Epcot on a moment's notice appeals I find WL to have that nice quiet, but in the middle of it all still feel. I feel it's a bit more Disney-esque with the touches

Did you ever go to WL before they took out the old quiet pool and replaced it with the big new one? That was my favorite spot in all of WDW. We used to go there early in the mornings while everyone else was headed to the parks. What a nice spot to relax.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom