Wilderness Lodge vs. Boardwalk

Raven66

Hi all!:wave: I know everyone has their favorite resort. We usually stay in Pop Century when we go. Since we won't be going until 2008, my DH wants to save our pennies and stay at the Boardwalk. Now I personally would love to stay at the Pop again not only do my DD and I like it (he does too), but the less money we spend on a resort the more we can spend in the parks.:D

I relented and said that if we were going to stay in a deluxe I would like it to be Wilderness Lodge. I like the looks of it, it has bunk beds which I don't know why my DD wants them, we only have one kid.:lol: The Boardwalk has a clown pool which my kid is super scared of clowns.:eek: But it's centrally located which is one of the things my hubby likes.

So my question is which do you like better? I know we have a while to decide but I like to plan ahead. We are either going in Feb. or I would like to go during the Christmas season to see all the decorations. So I'm thinking the clown pool might not be such a big issue. I would love to read all of your opinons. Thanks in advance!!

mouselvrmom

I have not stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, but we did stay at the Boardwalk last year and loved it! The location just can't be beat! We really appreciated being so close to Epcot and MGM. I think that the Wilderness Lodge would be nice to be close to Magic Kingdom, but it was just so convenient to walk to epcot and grab dinner at the WS. My husband also really liked their bakery there. There is also a lot to do on the boardwalk at night, and plenty of restaurants there. We just prefered the ones at World Showcase. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong! Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

belle0517

We have stayed at BW,WL and POP. For a value resort the POP cannot be beat. BW has location,location, location! But the WL is our hands down favorite. We love the atmosphere. It is like you are at a wonderful resort, oh and by the way--it's Disney!!! The Electric Water Parade comes by every night at 9:30. The pool and hot tubs are lovely. You can catch the monorail from the Contemporary to get to Epcot. You can take the boat to MK. You can rent bikes for an invigorating ride through the woods to FW. There is a beach and you can rent water crafts for a exhilirating ride around Discovey Island and over to GF. The theme of the resort is relaxing and friendly while I find the BW to be a bit stuffy.

I am sure whatever resort you choose it will be a magical stay! Enjoy!

PS--Hopefully you can time your visit to enjoy the wonder of the Christmas season. That is when the parks and hotels are at their pinnacle.
:xmas:

Upvote 0

bigedefd

Good thread

Love this one cause I have the same question, only a few adds. I am wondering about the villas at WL BW and BC also going in fall of 2008 and wonder which unit is the best for 6 people, 4 adults and 2 teens. :wave:

Upvote 0

Computer Magic

Stayed at both places. Fpr us Wilderness lodge hands down:

Boardwalk over priced for the rooms, but enjoyed the closeness to two parks.

Wilderness: has the old Yellowstone WY look and better priced.

Upvote 0

swimmom

We love the WL. The Christmas decorations in the lobby are great! Even if you don't go over Christmas, the lobby is awesome. I prefer the pool at the WL over BW. I like the northwoods theming at WL. Both resorts have their transportation advantages - WL to MK, BW to Epcot & MGM.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

Been to both and while I loved the location of the Boardwalk (and the decor) the WL is the place for us and we will be returning in March. We find the resort so relaxing (you can often find people just hanging out in the beautiful lobby and even some sleeping on the leather sofas), we love taking the boat to the MK in the morning (great evening ride too) and the launch to the Contemporary makes it easy to hop on the monorail.

My family is picky when it comes to food and had trouble finding someplace at the boardwalk to please all and that never happens at the WL. Try a breakfast (or dinner) skillet at the Whispering Canyon :slurp: .

My kids love the slide at the WL (18 & 12), but they also loved the one at the Boardwalk; I'm not a clown person either, but it didn't bother me (and I didn't use the slide, but I never do).

Upvote 0

adventurelander

We stay at the Boardwalk Villas everytime and love the location and the restaurants and the whole atmosphere. I think it's more adult themed, we don't have kids so that's ok with us. We spend the extra on a villa and we love it. On our next trip we are going to go over and look at the WL, I've heard so many good things about it, but personally I wouldn't give up my location at the Boardwalk.

Upvote 0

vilegirl

For me, WL hands down. First of all, I'd always choose a MK resort if possible. I just love staying in that area. Second, for some reason, I just wasn't all that impressed with the Boardwalk. I love Beach/Yacht club, but Boardwalk just wasn't my cup of tea. And, I have to agree with what someone else said...that the rooms are overpriced. I mean, so are the BC/YC rooms, but Stormalong Bay makes it all worthwhile.:lol: So, anyway, that's just my 2 cents.

Upvote 0

mouselvrmom

Love this one cause I have the same question, only a few adds. I am wondering about the villas at WL BW and BC also going in fall of 2008 and wonder which unit is the best for 6 people, 4 adults and 2 teens. :wave:

You will need a two bedroom with 6 people. That is what we stay in and it works really well. You will find the layout at the resorts to be roughly the same. We have stayed in a two bedroom villa at both the BW and BC and they were both nice. The BC had a little bit smaller kitchen, but I think that was because it was a dedicated two bedroom and not a lockout, so it was arranged just slightly differently. They were both great, though, and I'm sure the WL layout is the same.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom