Wilderness Lodge vs Beach Club for short trip

JPP2021

Original Poster
Asking for your POV on which property to book for our short weekend trip to WDW, WL vs BC???

Just booked a last minute weekend trip to WDW arriving Friday 8/20 and departing Sunday 8/22. Planing on spending Friday at Disney springs, Saturday at MK and Sunday at Hotel property prior to departing for ~7pm flight.

we are a small family of three (my wife and I with our 13yr old son).

We have stayed at WL and it’s my favorite property, boat ride to MK brings a smile to my face, every time. We have never stayed at Beach Club but have stoped by for ice cream at beach n cream while staying at boardwalk, Pool looks awesome. Also please keep in mind this is right after a 4day Disney cruise, so not sure how much more pool time we will need.

love to get your experience thoughts

Last edited:

JPP2021

Original Poster
Thank you all, but…

…Our situation has changed a bit, we are now going to HS on Friday immediately after debarking and MK on Saturday. I am still considering to stay at WL, because we will not be spending anytime at the resort on Friday and Saturday is all day MK.

let me know if this changes your recommendation,

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Thank you all, but…

…Our situation has changed a bit, we are now going to HS on Friday immediately after debarking and MK on Saturday. I am still considering to stay at WL, because we will not be spending anytime at the resort on Friday and Saturday is all day MK.

Still makes more sense to stay at WL.
Had you said situation changed we are going to HS instead of MK then I may have felt differently.

yankspy

Thank you all, but…

In that case I would pick Beach Club. Easy access back to hotel after a day at at DHS and just in case you do want to go for a swim you have stormalong bay. I would agree that WL has better theming but not by much. Beach Club has some nice theming as well. You can also walk around the boardwalk on Friday since DHS closes early.

harryk

I would still do WL, more relaxing place, still has a pool if son is not pooled out, you either. Has Whispering Canyon for a fun place to dine or use the RF for quick dining and a fine outside bar where can view the nightly boat bring a bit of patriotic music to view on the Bay. A great place to stay and recover from a vacation.

BASS

I'll be a dissenter here. Both are fantastic resorts. But on a short stay, at Beach Club, you can walk to Epcot and boat to Hollywood Studios. That cuts down significantly on transportation time from the WL. But either way, you can't go wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom