Wilderness Lodge (transportation)

DWFEVR

Original Poster
Just got off the phone (after 1 hr and 15 min) and the CM said that they now have bus transportation specifically for Ft. Wilderness between the 2 resorts. Has anyone used it and do you know how often it runs? Thanks

Raxel7851

Just got off the phone (after 1 hr and 15 min) and the CM said that they now have bus transportation specifically for Ft. Wilderness between the 2 resorts. Has anyone used it and do you know how often it runs? Thanks
We stayed at FW in September and that bus service wasn’t available. In addition the boat from FW to the Wilderness Lodge wasn’t running either. The food choices at FW are limited. It would be nice to have that bus service.

ABQ

Stayed in October, the bus to Ft Wilderness came pretty routinely that I noticed. Stops at the same bay as the MK bus. As is said above, the boat wasn't running though, and still won't be. No launches between the resorts, made it awkward for a dinner reservation (7 PM) at the Contemporary when the MK was closing at 6.

DWFEVR

Original Poster
Stayed in October, the bus to Ft Wilderness came pretty routinely that I noticed. Stops at the same bay as the MK bus. As is said above, the boat wasn't running though, and still won't be. No launches between the resorts, made it awkward for a dinner reservation (7 PM) at the Contemporary when the MK was closing at 6.
I just chatted with another CM who said there was no bus service between the 2 resorts. So are you saying that there is a bus that only goes from Ft Wilderness to Wilderness Lodge? I knew there were no boats running. We just cancelled our lunch reservations because we have a golf cart reserved and didn't want to be stuck at the Lodge. We were told just to go to Disney Springs or the Transportation Center and catch a bus from there.

ABQ

I just chatted with another CM who said there was no bus service between the 2 resorts. So are you saying that there is a bus that only goes from Ft Wilderness to Wilderness Lodge? I knew there were no boats running. We just cancelled our lunch reservations because we have a golf cart reserved and didn't want to be stuck at the Lodge. We were told just to go to Disney Springs or the Transportation Center and catch a bus from there.
There absolutely was a bus between the two resorts in October. Whether or not it's running right now, I'm unsure, but yes, it definitely came a few times while I was waiting on other buses. Signage said Fort Wilderness Outpost.

nickys

Premium Member
That CM isn’t at WDW and really won’t know what transport is running. And if they told you to go to the Transportation Centre to get a bus then they have no idea what they’re talking about, resort buses don’t stop there. 🙄

Since @ABQ was there in October I am 99% certain the bus is running now. When you get there, check with the CMs on site.

DWFEVR

Original Poster
That CM isn’t at WDW and really won’t know what transport is running. And if they told you to go to the Transportation Centre to get a bus then they have no idea what they’re talking about, resort buses don’t stop there. 🙄

Since @ABQ was there in October I am 99% certain the bus is running now. When you get there, check with the CMs on site.
Thanks ABQ and Nicky's for the info. The thing is we don't want to be stuck at the Lodge and not be able to get over to pick up the golf cart. Is there a way you can directly call Wilderness Lodge or the campgrounds? For the life of me I can't fine any numbers but I may just not know where to look.

harryk

A few weeks ago I took a Lyft from Fort to Lodge. I didn't see it on the bus board as an option.
Stayed at Boulder Ridge the end of October 2020 and had dinner reservations at Contemporary. Went down to the pier to get the boat to the Contemporary since I had watched them sailing around Bay Lake. The landing was closed and there was no signage saying NO BOATS.
Asked at counter in lobby about the boats and was told that they were not running and would not be running. Of course nobody let anybody know that that was the situation and it was scheduled to continue indefinitely. WL staff arranged a Lift for us (WL paid) so that we could keep our reservation. I found that to be extremely nice of them since they did not have to do this.

So, no boats, lots of bus service and it is point to point bus service, running very frequently to all the parks and Disney Springs. The bus drivers were very accommodating and took extra time when needed. Just too bad about the lack of launches running. All in all, I can't complain about the transportation. The boats on the World Showcase Lagoon were running.

DWFEVR

Original Poster
Just for the heck of it I called back to Wilderness Campgrounds and then the Wilderness Lodge. The campground Guest Service lady told me no there is no bus. The Wilderness Lodge lady said adamantly that there is a bus between the two resorts. So we're going with ABQ and the Wilderness Lodge GS and go for it. I'll give you an update when we get back in a few weeks. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

harryk

Just for the heck of it I called back to Wilderness Campgrounds and then the Wilderness Lodge. The campground Guest Service lady told me no there is no bus. The Wilderness Lodge lady said adamantly that there is a bus between the two resorts. So we're going with ABQ and the Wilderness Lodge GS and go for it. I'll give you an update when we get back in a few weeks. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
There was a bus doing that run all while I was there in October.

nickys

Premium Member

I’ll put money on you having got through to a call centre and not the resorts themselves.

Even when staying at a resort and you call the number for “Front Desk” you go through a call centre who pass the message on, which is why you should always go to the front desk in person if you have a problem.

Dr.GrantSeeker

I am checking into BRV next week and will update you when I get there as to whether or not the shuttle is running between campgrounds and WL.

DWFEVR

Original Poster
Thank you so much I really appreciate that. We will be leaving a few days after Thanksgiving. That would help ease the stress.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom