Wilderness Lodge Room Choices

DreamalittleDisney

Original Poster
Hi

Have booked WL for October 2018 for me, husband and will be 5yo boy. We have a woods view.

Wanting advice on:

Best rooms/room areas
Should we request a bunk room or 2 x queens

Thanks

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Bunk rooms are more expensive than rooms with two queens and are a separate booking category. Your reservation will reflect which category you've booked.

Request a high floor and you *may* be able to see MK fireworks from your balcony.
Request to be near the elevator if you want to save yourself some steps ~ the hallways in the lodge are long and there is only one set of elevators on the woods view side.

DreamalittleDisney

Original Poster
Bunk rooms are more expensive than rooms with two queens and are a separate booking category. Your reservation will reflect which category you've booked.

Request a high floor and you *may* be able to see MK fireworks from your balcony.
Request to be near the elevator if you want to save yourself some steps ~ the hallways in the lodge are long and there is only one set of elevators on the woods view side.
Thanks

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
My boys loved the bunk beds, but if money is an issue then he likely wont even know they exist! The only rooms I would avoid are not available I think, they were rooms AAA gave us our first visit to the WL and they were above the front desk and I believe the storage areas, heard lots of banging around into the wee hours and the early noise of the Whispering Canyon. SInce then I prefer only the upper floors courtyard view. I like to overlook the waterfall area personally. The woods view on the extended wing beyond that is nice but some rooms I think in the first wing overlook the garbage bins? Have a wonderful adventure.;)

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No

Think there is still only one set of elevators period for woods or courtyard view, those by roaring fork....correct me if I am wrong but I have not heard the lobby ones opened up yet?

s&k'smom

We will be there in August and just went with standard as I have two teens and they can sleep through any noise lol

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Think there is still only one set of elevators period for woods or courtyard view, those by roaring fork....correct me if I am wrong but I have not heard the lobby ones opened up yet?
True and I don't know if the lobby have reopened yet. I am guessing no since the Villas have not officially opened yet.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
We will be there in August and just went with standard as I have two teens and they can sleep through any noise lol
Ha it wasn't the rest of the family it was ME! I went sleepless 3 nights....but hit the parks on pure adrenaline....:D

DisneyPrincess5

Congrats on booking! So exciting.
While I can't comment on the price, value, etc. because I can't quite remember, I will say that we stayed in a standard room a few years ago which had bunk beds. It is just DH and I but we accepted the bunk bed room because it was eligible for a discount. We loved it, but the bunk bed room did feel smaller and more tight to us because of the height of the beds. A queen bed would have made the room feel more open I think as it'd be lower. But regardless, it was awesome. We had a courtyard/pool view with great views of the lagoon. Can't beat the WL!

wdwmamamouse

We actually request overlooking the lobby - it feels more open as you come in and out of your room and there are sometimes rocking chairs outside the rooms so we can sit and enjoy the activity in the lobby. We have not had any issue with noise and sleeping. I believe those are all standard rooms. The kids love the bunk beds - yes, I do think it makes the room seem a bit smaller, but the have their own light and think it is such a treat to be in a bunk:) Also, ask to be near staircase or elevator since only one bank of elevators is currently in service.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom