Wilderness Lodge Roaring Forks

DW Aficionado

Original Poster
Please help if you have any information:

The family and I are going next week to Disney and staying at the Wilderness Lodge. I have heard that the Roaring Forks snack shop will be closed for refurbishment.

We were planning on dining here for both breakfast and lunch.

What temporary alternatives will be put into place during this refurbishment?

Will we be able to get the usual breakfast menu, and lunch sandwiches, soups, snacks while at the resort? Or will we be totally screwed this vacation?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide any information.............

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Please help if you have any information:

The family and I are going next week to Disney and staying at the Wilderness Lodge. I have heard that the Roaring Forks snack shop will be closed for refurbishment.

We were planning on dining here for both breakfast and lunch.

What temporary alternatives will be put into place during this refurbishment?

Will we be able to get the usual breakfast menu, and lunch sandwiches, soups, snacks while at the resort? Or will we be totally screwed this vacation?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide any information.............
here you go
Geyser Point Bar and Grill now open at Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort

DW Aficionado

Original Poster

iluvMainStMagic

I probably just need to look at an updated map, but I'm going to ask here in case someone has seen it in person -- though Geyser Point looks good, I can't tell exactly where it's located - i.e. is it closer to the current DVC villas/where the pool was? or is it closer to the Lodge and it's pool area? I'm wondering because it sounds like it could be quite a hike just to get breakfast or refill a mug.....or it might only be a few steps further than Roaring Forks. I would've thought they would set up somewhere inside the WL with limited options, to fill in for RF.
Also, from the pictures I've seen, it looks like it's all open to the outside. Is this correct? or is there an inside area, too?
Thanks!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I probably just need to look at an updated map, but I'm going to ask here in case someone has seen it in person -- though Geyser Point looks good, I can't tell exactly where it's located - i.e. is it closer to the current DVC villas/where the pool was? or is it closer to the Lodge and it's pool area? I'm wondering because it sounds like it could be quite a hike just to get breakfast or refill a mug.....or it might only be a few steps further than Roaring Forks. I would've thought they would set up somewhere inside the WL with limited options, to fill in for RF.
Also, from the pictures I've seen, it looks like it's all open to the outside. Is this correct? or is there an inside area, too?
Thanks!
It is E on the map in this article - http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/geys...w-open-at-disneys-wilderness-lodge-resort.htm

It is open air, but has large glass windows that can be closed.

Grimley1968

Probably the easiest way to get to Geyser Point within WL itself would be to walk to the end of the south wing, rather than the north wing where Roaring Forks is. Near the end of the south wing there are doors on the left and right. The left door goes to the pool/courtyard and the right door opens to the pathways going over to the villas. That door may be slightly closer to Geyser Point.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Probably the easiest way to get to Geyser Point within WL itself would be to walk to the end of the south wing, rather than the north wing where Roaring Forks is. Near the end of the south wing there are doors on the left and right. The left door goes to the pool/courtyard and the right door opens to the pathways going over to the villas. That door may be slightly closer to Geyser Point.
Except that currently the entire south wing is closed for refurbishment so not an option.

Tiana's Place

Territory Lounge is serving breakfast as well. They also have Oatmeal, self-serve pastries, bagels, cereals, self-serve, coffee and speciality coffees. The microwave that was in Roaring Fork is available outside of RF in the hallway. I know that the Mercantile in the WL sells fruit, not sure about yogurt. Geyser Point, while I didn't notice any windows to close, has heaters and is really a step up from your standard quick service. We were just there last weekend.

DanStat

We stayed there two weeks ago. Geyser Point had great breakfast options, as did Territory Lounge. For all of the fans of Magic cookie bars and the Wilderness Salad, the gift shop sold them. You can also get your refillable mug refilled with coffee at Territory Lounge if you're headed out to the bus stop and don't want to backtrack towards Geyser Point.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I do believe the Merchantile has a very extended line of things including yogurts, milk, oj cereal instant oatmeal etc....likely even fruit. :) So this is nice because you can purchase and bring back to room. I have been there many times, lately in the fall and was impressed with large selection, I seem to recall even sandwiches and microwave meals at some point....because I think it caters too to the villas ....don't some units have kitchens?

Last edited:
Just left there. As other mentioned, grab and go breakfast stuff was available at territory lounge. Try Geyser Point--we really liked it. I did not see a rapidfill station at territory lounge and the walk to Geyser Point from the villas was pretty long just for that--you have to go all the way through the lobby

harryk

I do believe the Merchantile has a very extended line of things including yogurts, milk, oj cereal instant oatmeal etc....likely even fruit. :) So this is nice because you can purchase and bring back to room. I have been there many times, lately in the fall and was impressed with large selection, I seem to recall even sandwiches and microwave meals at some point....because I think it caters too to the villas ....don't some units have kitchens?
Studios have microwave ovens, 1 bedroom and up units have full kitchens.

21stamps

I haven't been since the Roaring Fork construction.. but I did order room service while there. They have a good breakfast selection.. including bagels, continental breakfast, etc.

Oh, and Territory Lounge has a great coffee selection in the morning!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom