wilderness lodge question

mf1972

Original Poster
we’re currently booked for ASM, but i was looking into upgrading to WL. i’ve been reading about the resort, but would like to hear opinions from readers here. i know we can take a boat to MK. how’s the bus transportation to the other parks & DS? dining options looks good. as far as type of room, i’m looking at a king bed nature view. depending on location, some rooms seem to give u a partial MK view. thanks in advance for any tips or comments.

DVC Ted

We love WL. The boat transportation to MK is easy. The bus transportation is no better or worse than bus transportation anywhere else. When going to Epcot, we usually do a boat and two monorails. It’s more fun and typically takes about the same amount of time. You can take the boat either to MK or CR, then hop on the monorail to TTC and on to EP.

LittleMerman

Wilderness Lodge is my very favorite resort! You got really lucky. The food is great, location is pretty good. Yes you can take a boat to MK and a few other resorts or a bus to any park and DS. Have fun - you're going to love it!

Wilderness Lodge is awesome. We just booked our trip for next summer. Food options are great. I just hope the dining plan is back by the time we go.

nickys

Premium Member
At the moment only the boats to MK are running. The ones that circle Bay Lake between WL, FW and Contemporary aren’t.
Also the walking path to FW is closed and likely won’t reopen due to the abandoned building site en route.

mf1972

Original Poster
i forgot about the evening magic hours perk for deluxe resort guests. this falls on 2 nights for us. haven’t decided yet, but will decide soon. thanks for all the advice 👍

Weather_Lady

Wilderness Lodge is a favorite of my family, for several reasons: the smaller footprint (easier and quicker to navigate, with only 1 bus stop), the on-site dining (superb, and second only to AKL in our view), the close proximity to MK, and the beautiful theming. I'd make the switch to Wilderness Lodge in a heartbeat.

JustAFan

Wilderness Lodge is gorgeous. It's also one of our favorites. If you ever get a chance to visit there when it's decorated for Christmas, don't miss out on that. Absolutely beautiful. Catching the boat is easy, but you might have to wait a few minutes. Keep in mind, riding on the water at night this time of year can be a little chillier than during the day or at other times of year. Whispering Canyon is a fun, on-site dining option. I don't think you'll be sorry you chose to stay there.

mf1972

Original Poster
couldn’t talk the wife into upgrading. would rather save the money for other things, which i can’t blame her. so we’ll stay at ASM. we haven’t been there since the refurb, & it looks much nicer. we check in 5 days from now, & i think if i did switch resorts i face a penalty fee. either way, we’re still in disney.

DisneyJoe

couldn’t talk the wife into upgrading. would rather save the money for other things, which i can’t blame her. so we’ll stay at ASM. we haven’t been there since the refurb, & it looks much nicer. we check in 5 days from now, & i think if i did switch resorts i face a penalty fee. either way, we’re still in disney.
They would only penalize you if your total package price decreased.

JustAFan

A bad day at Disney is better than a good day in the office. Have a good time!

PolynesianPrincess

See if you can make a quick ride over to WL and check it out. They have a nice little bar and grill there and you'd be able to check out the atmosphere of the resort, maybe convince the wife for next time around ;)

wlodge_man

It is definitely worth a boat ride over for a meal and just to walk around the resort! And I was the cheap one before our 1st visit, which my wife lovingly reminds me every time we talk about the WL, now that I'm on-board. ;-)

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Sorry you couldn't make this happen, you have to work on your negotiating skills man!! 😂

We can go back and forth about all the awesomeness that is WL (and it is), but honestly in the scheme of things, it makes no difference -- You're in WDW. You're going to have a great time no matter.

Nottamus

We are DVC at AKL but visited WL to have a few at Geyser point- which I still believe is best resort bar/grill on property-also led us to book a week there.

AKL is home, but WL (CCV) is pretty amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom