Wilderness Lodge Help

DisneyWorldGuru

I have my room booked for WL. I got a courtyard view room. I have never stayed at WL before and I need help. What floor and side of building should I request? What rooms have the best view?

Thanks
-Brent "DisneyWorldGuru"

Jedi Osborn

Amazing!! I was going to post the exact same question this morning!! We just booked our rooms last night. We've always stayed at Dixie or C Beach, so this will be a bit of a change for us. We've never even visited the W Lodge!

Upvote 0

Worldphile

We've stayed there twice. You guys are going to love it.

Anyhow, the first time, our room was right off the lobby on the 6th or 7th floor above the Whispering Canyon Cafe. That was nice but I am a light sleeper and sometimes the servers in the WCC would get pretty loud and wake me up in the morning.

The second time, we stayed in the wing across the pool from Artist Point and had a pool view. The room was pretty much the same, but it was quieter in that wing since we were away from the hustle and bustle of the lobby. Also, from our balcony, we could see the Electrical Water Pageant go by at night.

All in all though, the WL is a pretty compact resort. No matter what room you end up in, you won't be very far from the restaurants, lobby, bus stop etc. Plus, it is all indoors (except for the bus stop of course.)

Upvote 0

Worldphile

I'd probably go for a room down the wing to the right of the pool as you face it from the lobby just because of the noise factor mentioned before.

Sorry I can't be more helpful than that. After the fact that the room is non-smoking and has a king size bed, they are all the same to me. I could care less about my view as well. I'm a park commando, so we aren't in the room all that much.

Upvote 0

inlovewithWDW

Hi - we have stayed at the Lodge a few times and I would recommend a room down one of the wings, but not at the end by the lake. The father down, the longer the walk from the lobby. It was tough with little kids. If you don't mind the walk, go for it.

We were off the lobby once on a higher floor facing the courtyard & pool and it was only a bit noisy.

I just love the Lodge but we have had some issues with the bus schedules and it has turned us off a bit. Long waits at the bus stop and we almost missed our ticket time to La Nouba so we grabbed a cab and got there in time.

Overall it is a wonderful resort and you will have a great time! Just give yourself plenty of time for the busses!

:)

Upvote 0

Juggler

My wife and I stayed at WL New Year 2000/2001. Our room was on the left wing as you look out to the lake. We had a ground floor room and a patio with a table. At the side of the hotel was a lake and trees. It was great just chilling out having breakfast. At the far side of the tree you could see the top of the Contemporary Resort. On an evening you could sit and watch the firework display in the MK... on the nights that the parks just proved too much!

It was a great location for the snack bar on a morning... straight out of the room for scrambled eggs and hash brown.... plus the coffee in the Disney Mugs! Close but not enough for it to be a problem!

It was the quietest hotel room I've ever stayed in.

I have to confess we had problems with the buses too. But the boats to MK are ace.

If you get the chance try the Minnie Mouse speed boats.... ACE FUN!

Upvote 0

disneydentist

I'd go with the west (left as you face Bay Lake) wing. We had a courtyard view there in Dec. 2001 (and a woods view in 2000). You get the morning sun to help you wake up. We left the drapes open at night so the sun could come in then closed them to change. With the sliding doors open you will hear noise from the pool. Otherwise we had no noise issues. If you want a view, think 4th, 5th, or 6th floors. This side of the Lodge also lets you make the quickest trip down the elevator to Roaring Forks to refill your mug. It's only about 50 feet from the elevator. We must be lucky because we didn't have any problems with the busses on either stay. Have a good trip.

Upvote 0

sigsegv

Originally posted by DisneyWorldGuru
I have my room booked for WL. I got a courtyard view room. I have never stayed at WL before and I need help. What floor and side of building should I request? What rooms have the best view?

DW and I had a courtyard view, but it wasn't facing the main courtyard and pool; it was facing the WLV pool, which was (generally) much quieter. (Then again, this was only a week or so after WLV opened, so that might affect our impression.) The room was nice, though a little small. It was on the same floor as the lobby, but, due to the slope around behind and along the WL, we had a balcony one floor up.

-sig

Upvote 0

DisneyWorldGuru

Original Poster
Thanks for the help. I guess I will try for a room in the east wing on the 4th. floor. I hope to have a great time. I will tell you all about it when I get back. Once again thanks for the help.

BTW- the buses cant be any worse then the All Star Resort buses.

Upvote 0

Jedi Osborn

Yes, thanks for the tips. Although after reading some other info, we may be leaning towards a room on the east (right) side on the 6th floor. That way we're hoping to be able to see the Magic Kingdom fireworks. I don't mind walking for mug refills or food, we're used to staying at Dixie or C Beach, where we could walk 10 minutes to get something to drink.
I've heard a lot about the busses, but again staying at C Beach, depending on what 'island' we stay at, we have to make quite a few stops on the way to and from the parks.

Upvote 0

stepharoni

We just checked out of room 4134 last week. We had a wonderful view of the Villas pool and woods. It was quiet and relaxing. But it was also away from all the action. If you want to be close to Roaring Fork and to see the water pageant,etc, then yeah, request the west wing. And take the Hidden Mickeys tour in the AM...

Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by Jedi Osborn
Amazing!! I was going to post the exact same question this morning!! We just booked our rooms last night. We've always stayed at Dixie or C Beach, so this will be a bit of a change for us. We've never even visited the W Lodge!

you are going to be in for a HUGE surprise then! WL is enormous!! the inside of the main lobby is so breathtaking! DL and CB are awesome on themeing, but WL is even more so! do let us know what you think about it when you get back!

as for the question, i've stayed at WL only once...but i stayed on the 1st floor (thanks to mom) since we stayed at the Villas, we COULD'VE had a balcony (not sure if the 'regular' rooms have balconies or not) but instead we had a 'porch'. i would have much rather had a balcony! so, in my opinion, ask for a room NOT on the 1st floor! i don't think which side of the building you ask for really makes a difference. all the scenery around the resort is SO beautiful!

Upvote 0

Atlaslaw

Those staying at WL make sure and check on the new discount codes. You may be able to save some money. Just change your current reservations if you can get a cheaper rate through the codes. I'm in the process of upgrading from CB to WL for the same price I would have paid at CB under these new codes.

109 days 'til Disney!!:p

Upvote 0

Jedi Osborn

Thanks for the tip. But that's what prompted the change to WL. We got a great deal on a courtyard room. Just about the same price as we would have spent at Dixie or CBeach.

Can't wait to go!!!
Christmas in Disney is like Heaven on Earth.

Upvote 0

DisneyWorldGuru

Original Poster
I looked for ever code I could find and I finaly got a really good one. That is also the reason I took courtyard view. I cant wait and I am happy because I saved so much money. (yay! more stuff I can buy now) LOL

Upvote 0

thumper

We stayed in Room 4037 which was right across from the 4th floor Hidden Mickey (ooops, I gave it away!):eek:

It was a great view of the lake/pool, and the elevator was right around the corner to take you to free refills at the Roaring Forks!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom