Wilderness Lodge DVC additions - Copper Creek Villas & Cabins

bunnyman

Nice to see some movement on that side of the resort. Was there the first week of August, and while the other side of the resort showed significant progress with the dining/recreation locations, the pool, and the cabins, this side of the resort was just pipes/conduits sticking out of the ground.

R W B

Wow! How could I have missed this until now?

Interesting to say the least. Any one wanna spare me a few hours of reading this thread looking for details with some cliff notes? Any word on pricing? Where exactly are these located at the WL? What was this area before? Are we losing anything because of these? How many total cabins? Thanks!

Monorail_Red_77

A few people have already stated that the plan is to replant the trees. Guess we'll have to see how many.

Plus I have noticed that they planted trees and created a berm along the southwest area of Bay Lake between the monorail loops and Wilderness Lodge. Thought it will take time to grow in. I think that this will help with creating a buffer between WL and reality.
Though I hope they do even more for an extra layer of buffering.

NothingRhymeswithOrange

Does anyone know if new DVC points will be available for purchase for Wilderness once this project is complete? I'd like to add additional points but I am kind of priced out of Polynesian right now and have no desire to purchase at Aulani...

ToTBellHop

Does anyone know if new DVC points will be available for purchase for Wilderness once this project is complete? I'd like to add additional points but I am kind of priced out of Polynesian right now and have no desire to purchase at Aulani...
They will not be for the existing Wilderness Villas. There will be new points released specifically for this project (giving priority booking into the villas being constructed in the main lodge along with these new cabins). I would assume the price per point will be SIGNIFICANTLY higher than purchasing a Villas and Wilderness Lodge resale. I am curious to see if they think $165/pt is reasonable here.

ABQ

It'll be a separate entity from the current VWL. Hence the silly new name which I have forgotten, possibly intentionally, for the structure formerly known as the Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Copper Creek or something.

edit, see above from @MansionButler84

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Wow! How could I have missed this until now?

Interesting to say the least. Any one wanna spare me a few hours of reading this thread looking for details with some cliff notes? Any word on pricing? Where exactly are these located at the WL? What was this area before? Are we losing anything because of these? How many total cabins? Thanks!
No word on pricing. They are converting the main building wing closest to the DVC building to DVC rooms. They are also adding cabins on the shore. They are also adding a new eatery, and completely redoing one of the pools. Well, you are losing some of the cash rooms, but gaining DVC rooms, which can be rented for cash if not reserved by DVC owners. Scheduled to be done sometime next year.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
They will not be for the existing Wilderness Villas. There will be new points released specifically for this project (giving priority booking into the villas being constructed in the main lodge along with these new cabins). I would assume the price per point will be SIGNIFICANTLY higher than purchasing a Villas and Wilderness Lodge resale. I am curious to see if they think $165/pt is reasonable here.
Doesn't matter if we think it's reasonable - it will be priced at what they think the market will bear for it. I don't think $165 is reasonable for ANY property, but then we bought in at well under $90 per point direct. Future sales will almost certainly go resale for us, since we want to add-on at both BWV and AKV.

ToTBellHop

No word on pricing. They are converting the main building wing closest to the DVC building to DVC rooms. They are also adding cabins on the shore. They are also adding a new eatery, and completely redoing one of the pools. Well, you are losing some of the cash rooms, but gaining DVC rooms, which can be rented for cash if not reserved by DVC owners. Scheduled to be done sometime next year.
I believe the plan is presently "Spring 2017" although you know how schedules drift with Disney.

Jon81uk

It'll be a separate entity from the current VWL. Hence the silly new name which I have forgotten, possibly intentionally, for the structure formerly known as the Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Copper Creek or something.

edit, see above from @MansionButler84

Copper Creek Cabins will be the new offer. The existing villas will be Boulder Ridge.

hpyhnt 1000

A few people have already stated that the plan is to replant the trees. Guess we'll have to see how many.

No doubt they'll be replanting to give the area a more natural feel. It's just going to take a good 5-10 years for it all to grow in, and with so many buildings now scattered around, the area will never look as "wilderness" as it used to...

And it's a shame because the lodge really had developed a great wooded feel before so much of it was removed for construction. I wonder if they could have been a bit more surgical in their clearing so that as much of that as possible could have been preserved.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
No doubt they'll be replanting to give the area a more natural feel. It's just going to take a good 5-10 years for it all to grow in, and with so many buildings now scattered around, the area will never look as "wilderness" as it used to...

And it's a shame because the lodge really had developed a great wooded feel before so much of it was removed for construction. I wonder if they could have been a bit more surgical in their clearing so that as much of that as possible could have been preserved.
I'll reserve any judgement until after they say it's complete and no more work to be done. You may be absolutely right on with it, but I'm hoping that it will still look great.

NothingRhymeswithOrange

At this point I see it almost impossible to add on at another property through Disney, when they continuously want to add on new DVC resorts priced at $165 per point. Most likely going to have to do resale for us to add on. Getting Grand Floridian three years ago looks like a steal now at $125 per point. Here's to hoping that Caribbean Beach will be priced significantly lower when its completed!

ToTBellHop

At this point I see it almost impossible to add on at another property through Disney, when they continuously want to add on new DVC resorts priced at $165 per point. Most likely going to have to do resale for us to add on. Getting Grand Floridian three years ago looks like a steal now at $125 per point. Here's to hoping that Caribbean Beach will be priced significantly lower when its completed!
Unless what they build isn't actually part of CBR.

Biff215

As far as pricing goes, I don't think it's realistic to expect anything less than current prices. DVC is okay with selling less points per month as they are double the price from just ten years ago. This might actually be a good strategy as they run out of deluxe resorts to add on to. This is why going moderate seems strange to me, as I can't see them wanting to drop the price per point. We'll have to see what their next move is once WL nears completion.

ToTBellHop

As far as pricing goes, I don't think it's realistic to expect anything less than current prices. DVC is okay with selling less points per month as they are double the price from just ten years ago. This might actually be a good strategy as they run out of deluxe resorts to add on to. This is why going moderate seems strange to me, as I can't see them wanting to drop the price per point. We'll have to see what their next move is once WL nears completion.
I do not believe the CBR DVC will actually be at CBR, but we will see. Just because it's near CBR doesn't mean it is part of CBR.

Biff215

I do not believe the CBR DVC will actually be at CBR, but we will see. Just because it's near CBR doesn't mean it is part of CBR.
I'd have to agree. It's just sad that DVC is intent on using existing infrastructure as opposed to building something standalone. As a DVC member I'd prefer them not to build a moderate resort, as the program has always promised deluxe accommodations and amenities. Sure WDW is saturated with DVC, but there's no way they'll leave the cash cow until it's completely dry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom