Wilderness Lodge construction questions

captainkidd

Original Poster
Was just hoping someone could give me some information on how the construction is disrupting certain areas. I know Roaring Fork is closed. Is it much of a mess down there? Can you still walk down there to get to the elevators? Also, is the beach totally closed off? Or can you still go down there to watch the electrical water pageant? Lastly, is there any estimate as to when the Villas pool will reopen? We will be there in July so we're hoping much of the construction might be done by then.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Currently, the only operational guest elevators inside WL are the ones near Roaring Fork, so its refurbishment is not a disruption. (Elevators in the lobby are closed due to DVC construction on the south side of the lodge.)

You can still watch the EWP from the beach area and the new Geyser Point Bar and Grill.

No date has been given for the opening of the new pool.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Nope, no lobby disruptions.

IMG_5385.JPG

Upper floors closed off.

IMG_4753.JPG

Lobby elevators walked off.

DanStat

Was just hoping someone could give me some information on how the construction is disrupting certain areas. I know Roaring Fork is closed. Is it much of a mess down there? Can you still walk down there to get to the elevators? Also, is the beach totally closed off? Or can you still go down there to watch the electrical water pageant? Lastly, is there any estimate as to when the Villas pool will reopen? We will be there in July so we're hoping much of the construction might be done by then.
It is very loud Monday through Friday from about 9-5. They did not do work on the weekends. The elevators by Roaring Forks were the only ones available. No beach anymore, but great views of the water parade.

I'd say the pool will be open when you go based on what I saw two weeks ago.

DonnG

So is the construction actually impacting current rooms on the DVC side? I'm staying in a Studio Villa in late April and even though Disney has the construction disclaimer I didn't know for sure if I would hear construction or have other impacts. Any one know?

ToTBellHop

So is the construction actually impacting current rooms on the DVC side? I'm staying in a Studio Villa in late April and even though Disney has the construction disclaimer I didn't know for sure if I would hear construction or have other impacts. Any one know?
Yep. Especially north-facing.

ABQ

It's a bit like the tree falling in the woods philosophy though. If you are there while heavy construction is taking place, you'll hear it. If you are in the parks, does it make a sound?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

I was in a one bedroom late February on the Lake side. Noise wasn't that bad during the day - but most will be in the parks.

Here's the picture from my balcony.

20170222_165918.jpg

Geyser Springs is really nice, you can sit, eat, drink with a fantastic view of the Lake.

Copper Creek villas and cabins are scheduled to open mid July, according to DVC. I hope the new pool is open by then - it looks a lot nicer than Hidden Springs.

kellygirl

We just spent 5 nights in a dvc villa at Wilderness Lodge. Our room was on the side opposite the construction, but we never heard any construction noise. Our main frustration was getting food. The Geyser Springs Bar and Grill was very nice but there is no access from the DVC side during the construction. My husband uses a wheelchair so it required us to go all the way through the lobby, down past Roaring Forks and then all the way through the first floor wing and outside as that is the only accessible route out there. It was also unexpectedly cold and (rainy one day) so going out through the uncovered pool area was a bit of a pain to get food. They will pack up food to go so I would usually go down and grab it and bring it up to the room. Other that that we had a great trip and enjoyed the resort. The new pool seems like it will be nice when it is finished. They told us everything is supposed to open in July.

s&k'smom

Thank you for the update kellygirl, we will be there in August and glad it will be done. I will admit when they were working on the GF we were there any barely heard a thing.

Seeshark

Was there in early March at a villa. Requested a room change after getting one that overlooked construction (that had been an original request). The lake view past the construction was nice, but the work kind of dominated the view. Glad we changed. But I didn't hear any real noise or anything like that. Overall, I thought the construction was pretty non-intrusive. I really enjoyed the place. To echo a prior post, biggest difficulty was that the easy access from the villas building to Geyser Creek was cut off. It'd otherwise be a short walk. Had to go through lobby and through pool area to get there. But Whispering Canyon was pretty awesome. Went over to the Hoop-Dee-Doo - that was cool. And you can't beat the short boat ride to the Magic Kingdom. The Territory Lounge had some breakfast options as well - seemed more like fruit and pastries. I didn't get there. But I should have - my biggest complaint with Geyser Point is it didn't really have the snack options like the Mara in Animal Kingdom, and I presume Roaring Fork (which was closed). So if I just wanted a banana, I was kind of out of luck.

Notes from Neverland

It's been a bit tricky to gauge where WL is at construction wise. When are all of these projects wrapping? What kind of disruptions should be expected in August or September? I know some is supposed to be done in July maybe (Copper rooms, I think?), but I can't find dates on anything else.

nickys

Premium Member
It's been a bit tricky to gauge where WL is at construction wise. When are all of these projects wrapping? What kind of disruptions should be expected in August or September? I know some is supposed to be done in July maybe (Copper rooms, I think?), but I can't find dates on anything else.

Copper Creek villas open on July 17th. I think the pool and Roaring Fork should be completed by then. Sure someone confirmed it on another thread, that is the aim anyway. By fall I guess most of it should be completed, maybe landscaping will be continuing?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Everything - new pool, Copper Creek Villas, the first group of cabins (by Geyser Springs) and Roaring Fork are all scheduled to open July 17th. Based upon photos posted, it looks like they are on target for that date. The remaining cabins by the boat launch had just framing and roof when I was there in late April.

Here's a picture from my room. The pool has been completed and filled with water, according to pictures on another thread.

20170421_124752.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom