Wilderness Lodge Club Level?

Willmark

Original Poster
We are going back to WDW (despite my vote/ outvoted 3-1) this time staying at WL after staying at YC in December 2018.

So with that out if the way the particulars:
  • Going September 2020 for 10 days.
  • Family of 4.
  • 6th visit as a family.
  • We park hop. Hit park in the morning then head back to the resort at mid day for drinks and pool. Generally don’t go to either of the WP.
  • Only eat one big meal per day (dinner) usually at the park we are going to in the evening. This is were the grazing at CL might be forth it as we don’t eat big meals at breakfast or lunch or even at all really.
  • Use gardengrocer.com prior stays; good service no issues.
  • We ride the buses in the AM and afternoons to and from the park. We almost never ride the bus back at night when it’s crowded. We started building in extra for the transportation budget a few trips back and works for us. Peace of mind and money well spent IMO. I add this to point out we’re not park commandos. We’re there s log but not all day till close.
I’ve read a bunch on the web and here on the site in regards to CL, but I’m looking for insight from those who have actually used CL at WL or CL in general secondly.

The three extra fast passes are the big appeal as we don’t try to chase down extras after our initial three but the appeal is, we rope drop, ride until the parks fill up. Head back and then go out in the evening, the ability for all of our late afternoon to evening riding time (or nearly so) via fast passes is the draw.

Last edited:

DisneyJill

it's been several years, but we really enjoyed club level at WL. i remember the food selection was nice and the evening cordials were delightful. :)

DISR

I've done CL at Yacht, Poly, WL, and AK. There is no real justification for it based purely on what you get...it is a splurge based on your ability/desire to afford the splurge. That said, if you spend more time at the resort you get more value for the CL. You can take advantage of drinks and offerings at different times of the day if you are actually at your hotel. If you rope drop in the a.m., you may have to leave the hotel before the morning offering is out. If you don't drink alchohol, that also significantly lowers the value. The additional fast passes are new since the last time I did CL, but it definitely helps the value proposition. I am someone who has replaced the evening meal with the CL level offering, but I don't always require a large meal in the evening. I've also found on a longer stay that I don't want to do it every night....after 3-4 nights, I want a real meal. The offerings tend to reflect the theme/cuisine of the resort. I thought YC was weakest, but I really enjoyed the evening offerings at Poly, AK, and WL. I believe one night WL offered a venison stew that was very hearty and delicious. I have not tried the WL CL since the renovation though, so my specific information there is dated.

CaptainAmerica

To be clear, club level doesn't just come with those extra fastpasses. You have to pay extra for them in addition to the cost of your room.

For a trip that length, there's really no need for extra FPs. You have plenty of FPs and rope drops to get on everything without ever waiting in a real line.

Willmark

Original Poster
To be clear, club level doesn't just come with those extra fastpasses. You have to pay extra for them in addition to the cost of your room. $50 per person per day from what I’ve read.

For a trip that length, there's really no need for extra FPs. You have plenty of FPs and rope drops to get on everything without ever waiting in a real line.
I’m aware of that. Since were so far out st this stage its planning in terms of deciding $.

As to your second part that thought had crossed my mind in terms of length of trip stay.

DISR

I forgot about the upcharge for the additional fast passes. As an alternative, I suggest checking out early morning magic at MK and HS if it is available for you stay. Chances are that some of those very expensive fast passes would be targeted at the attractions included in those events anyway. My kiddies really enjoyed unlimited rides on mine train and slinky dog. I just wish they offered it for AK.

Last edited:

Willmark

Original Poster
Early morning magic hours.. I’m of two minds regarding them. When it’s just an hour it’s not a great value IMO. Later evening EMH are well worth it after fireworks.

Since this trip will be in value season the parks won’t be open late.

The hard ticket events don’t offer flexibility though as it’s a set day. We also need to consider MNSSHP which we have done prior.

CaptainAmerica

Early morning magic hours.. I’m of two minds regarding them. When it’s just an hour it’s not a great value IMO. Later evening EMH are well worth it after fireworks.

The hard ticket events don’t offer flexibility though as it’s a set day. We also need to consider MNSSHP which we have done prior.
Are you nervous about not getting to everything or are you just trying to milk every last re-ride out of your trip? You don't need EMH, EMM, or any other up charge events to get to everything and then some if that's your worry.

DISR

We were able to ride Mine Train about 6 times, Pooh and Peter Pan once each, have breakfast, and head to Tomorrowland while everyone else was running to mine train at rope drop. We did Slinkydog 4 times, Toy Story once, the spinner ride twice, and were still eating breakfast at rope drop. Did a leisurely walk on to the Mickey/Minnie meet and greet, and walked on to Star Tours right after. 3 fast passes still available to use. IMO that breakfast was actually pretty good at both places. I thought the value was pretty good for what we got from EMM.

Willmark

Original Poster
Are you nervous about not getting to everything or are you just trying to milk every last re-ride out of your trip? You don't need EMH, EMM, or any other up charge events to get to everything and then some if that's your worry.
It’s about the possibility that if done right that after the morning park we could stagger our FPs right and not have to wait at all in Stand-By unless we choose to. Plus the ability to book with no tiers and 90 days out as opposed to 60.

When we booked FP for the trip in Dec 18? I was online booking at 7:01 AM like mad and selections disappeared in a heartbeat. Some of that may have been due to the loophole of FPs carrying over from reservations which Disney just wisely closed.

TLDR? If I don’t have to or can minimize my wait time then I’m seriously considering it. Same as Uber/Lyft/Cabs at night. As I get older on vacation if I can avoid having to wait? $ could be worth it.

CaptainAmerica

It’s about the possibility that if done right that after the morning park we could stagger or FP right and not have to wait at all in Stand by unless we choose to. Plus the ability to book with no tiers and 90 days out as opposed to 60.

When we booked FP for the trip in Dec 18? I was online booking at 7:01 AM like mad and sections disappeared in a heartbeat. Some of that may have been due to the loophole of FPS carrying over from reservations which Disney just wisely closed.

TLDR? If I don’t have to or can minimize my wait time then I’m seriously considering it. Same as Uber/Lyft/Cabs at night. As I get older on vacation if I can avoid having to wait? $ could be worth it.
If you have any flexibility in your dates, check in on Thursday or Friday. That'll get you access to FPs before the majority of people who will be traveling your dates, i.e. most of the people who will be there that following week won't check in until Saturday or Sunday.

I've been doing this since FP+ started and I've always gotten exactly what I wanted, often with a large party size.

TrojanUSC

We were able to ride Mine Train about 6 times, Pooh and Peter Pan once each, have breakfast, and head to Tomorrowland while everyone else was running to mine train at rope drop. We did Slinkydog 4 times, Toy Story once, the spinner ride twice, and were still eating breakfast at rope drop. Did a leisurely walk on to the Mickey/Minnie meet and greet, and walked on to Star Tours right after. 3 fast passes still available to use. IMO that breakfast was actually pretty good at both places. I thought the value was pretty good for what we got from EMM.

Just to be clear - are you talking about the free Extra Magic Hours or the paid morning events?

Jon81uk

The previous response was referencing the early morning magic event which is a sperate ticket event, where you get shorter waits and breakfast.

The magic hours (morning and evening) are free to all resort guests (including Disney Springs hotels) so although they give extra time, the waits are only slightly lower, mainly due to no fastpasses.

Disney After Dark is a paid event to give extra hours (and free soda and wrapped ices) in the evening and depending on the park waits can be very low.

If it is the additional fast passes that appeal, you might find one of these hard ticket events works well for you to get some rides (and re-rides) in with very low wait times.

DISR

Just to be clear - are you talking about the free Extra Magic Hours or the paid morning events?
Definitely the paid EMM event. I know the upcharge events are controversial to some, but I like the bang for my buck on this one. With little ones, they can't seem to get enough Mine Train or Slinkydog. This scratches that itch quickly and lets us move on to other things.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom