Wild Predictions About Walt Disney World

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Original Poster
How about making a prediction about something that is going to happen at Walt Disney World in the next 10 years. I have two:

1. Avatar is going to be such a big hit that Disney will start adding a third ride within a year of opening date.
2. Star Wars will be even bigger and Disney will be expanding Star Wars Land and making it twice the size as Phase I.

Well let me hear your Wild Prediction.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
How about making a prediction about something that is going to happen at Walt Disney World in the next 10 years. I have two:

1. Avatar is going to be such a big hit that Disney will start adding a third ride within a year of opening date.
2. Star Wars will be even bigger and Disney will be expanding Star Wars Land and making it twice the size as Phase I.

Well let me hear your Wild Prediction.

Time Warner and it's subsidiaries will be acquired by TWDC. This will force the rights discussion for many things with Comcast. This will also change the distribution model for TWDCs media divisions.

*1023*

@DVCOwner the likely hood of your predictions panning out is close to 80%..... Not too wild in my opinion....;)

njDizFan

1) Epcot will get one of it's orignal pavillions gutted and changed to a Marvel ride.
2) DHS will have it's last opening day attraction and park icon switched out for an animated IP.
3) DAK is going to create a whole land based upon a 3rd party alien franchise.
4) the MK will open an attraction where there is no actual ride just a really nice queue and rockwork(giftshop and bathroom inc)

Serioulsy who would have thought 10 years ago 1-3 could even be possible.

My guess is that the WS and Epcot will get it's first kinetic ride in the form of a coaster.

James Norrie

I like your unbridled positivity... How have you made it this long on the board???
In response to your actual question, I have some thoughts...
1. Avatar Land will initially be successful, especially with the Release of Avatar 2. I do believe a 3rd ride would be prudent.
2. Star Wars Land... How can it go wrong? I think 14 acres might be too small to devote to such a HUGE franchise, and will need expansion soon rather than later. I would love to see a Giant Death Star anchoring the Southeast corner of DHS (It would make sense, they've already got the plans with SSE).
3. Toy Story Land will be good for a little while, and grow again once 4 comes out in 18. Slinky Dog will be a hit with the kiddies, Meh for the adults.
4. I don't know.
5. I wish I was an Imagineer, I have tons of concepts to improve/expand DHS, EPCOT and MK (Tomorrowland/Adventureland expansion), including many ideas that incorporate everybody's favorite IP's, since that is where WDO wants to focus. Any time you're ready, Mr's. Weis and Connelly!
6. WDW and all of Disney will continue to grow, inspire, and above all, make money. Regardless of how many people say their experience was "unmagical" (Looking at you @katiebug). Heck, I'm 36 and was inspired beyond belief after my most recent trip, revisiting my 12 year old dream of wanting to be an Imagineer. Imagine what is happening in the mind of someone much younger and more impressionable...

Wendy Pleakley

The first date for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in 2027 will be on July 09th.

By 2027 the Epcot Food & Wine Festival will begin on February 20th 2017, and run through February 19th 2018.

By 2027 the following resort hotels will have DVC wings added: Pop Century, All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans, Caribbean Beach Resort, and Art of Animation.

Cmdr_Crimson

King Louie will Finally be put onto the Jungle Cruise....:hilarious:
JungleCruiseKingLouie.jpg

For more of this story...go here...http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/1971-jungle-cruise-no-more-king-louie.633067/

WDW Guru

1. After the success of Avatar Land, DinoLand will be the next DAK land to be redone
2. Tom Sawyers Island will lose the north island to a Frontierland expansion
3. Epcot will add another festival to try to keep attendance up during a major overhaul of the park

Tried to be "wild" but a little more realistic.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen đź’ś
Premium Member
1. Future World loses its name.
2. Tomorrowland refurb is announced.
3. Everest is closed for refurb once Pandora opens.
4. DHS faces disastrous capacity issues forcing TDO to either install various temporary attractions/shows, or drastically shorten park hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom