Wild Africa Trek and being pregnant?

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
We just booked a trip for December of this year.
I am not currently pregnant (that I know of) but we have been trying for several months and I didn't plan to put the trying on hold prior to our trip. So it is quite possible that I could find out I was pregnant at some point before December.
I am extremely interested in the Wild Africa Trek and am dying to experience it. Is there anything that happens in the tour that Disney would advise pregnant women against? I am hesitant to book such an expensive tour and then not be able to go on it. I couldn't find anything about not going if you are pregnant on the website. I wasn't sure about the safari portion. I assume being newly pregnant it is more dangerous to be jolted around?

Also - if I do book it, is there any way to be refunded if I find out that I wouldn't be able to go?

I will probably need to call Disney but wondered if anyone here could offer any insight.

Thanks in advance. :)

DizneyPryncess

I went to WDW this past May at 17 weeks pregnant, and looked into the Trek. I found that pregnant women were restricted from doing it. You have to cross rope bridges, suspension brides & have a safety harness attached to you. It's just risky for pregnant women. Actually, the safari itself has a pregnancy restriction on it because of how bumpy it is. I was surprised by that, and didn't want to take any risks so I didn't attempt to ride it.

Whether or not you could get a refund, I'm not certain. But if not, I wouldn't book it. It's an expensive tour, and if you might be pregnant it's not worth the risk.

If you've never done the Keys to the Kingdom tour, that one is awesome & could be done pregnant. Just another option in case you wanted to book another tour in place of the trek. :)

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
Thank you so much for the info. I really hate the uncertainty of what will be happening 3 months from now but I guess that is life and I chose to take a trip knowing that it might happen.
I wonder what the chances are of booking the tour when we arrive or even maybe a week or so beforehand. We are going December 11 - 16 so its not the busiest time of December.
I have done the Keys to the Kingdom tour and loved it, but still thank you for the suggestion and all the info!

Shere_Khan

Original Poster
I am so glad I asked this question because I am pregnant! I guess I was actually pregnany when I asked the question, but of course I didn't know it.
I am 7 weeks currently and our trip is on December 11. I am getting nervous because I am already feeling pretty awful and I am hoping this doesn't affect our trip. Not sure if I will be feeling better by then or not.
Anyways, we had already planned to take it slow, guess we will really have to stick to that now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom