Wil MK ever get a new fireworks show?

Will MK ever get a new fireworks show?In how many years?

• when FL expansion is finished

Votes: 24 36.4%
  • maybe...in about 4 years

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • maybe...next year

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Yes...disney is sooo magical!

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • never

Votes: 9 13.6%

• Total voters

DisneyJoe

Wishes! debuted on October 9, 2003.

Prior to that, Fantasy in the Sky ran for 32 years.....

So I would think that eventually they will replace Wishes! - but I personally don't think it will be anytime soon.

nolatron

Never liked wishes, at the least the soundtrack portion. I guess hearing "WISHES!!" repeated a hundred different times gets a little annoying.

SirGoofy

Never liked wishes, at the least the soundtrack portion. I guess hearing "WISHES!!" repeated a hundred different times gets a little annoying.

Agreed. Wishes was great once, but really suffers for repeat views. Much too sappy for my tastes.

I'm hoping a new one is eventually opened that uses park music again.

PhotoDave219

When Wishes is like 15-20 years old, they very well might.

Until then, there's no reason to fix something thats not broken.

Still a fantastic show.

Bigart

Probably no time soon...although July 3 and 4 are exceptions..Celebrate America is incredible, but only 2 nights a year..

nemofinder22

Wishes is a great show but I think Wishes needs to go. Its had its run granted its only about 6 years old, I think its time for something new. Plus it would be something new to market.

Animaniac93-98

Wishes! debuted on October 9, 2003.

Prior to that, Fantasy in the Sky ran for 32 years.....

So I would think that eventually they will replace Wishes! - but I personally don't think it will be anytime soon.

Lies! Fantasy in the Sky stayed that long in name only, it had various different versions and the last of which ran for 4 years.

I think a 5 year turnover period is good for a fireworks show and since Wishes has been running for 6 now with many better fireworks shows done by Disney during it's lifespan I say it's time for a change.

However I doubt Disney will change it anytime soon, especially given the trims done to Wishes and it's Halloween counterpart already.

JediMasterMatt

My word of caution - be careful what you Wish for.

Other questions you could be asking are:

- When will HalloWishes return to it's former glory
- When will Holiday Wishes return to it's full length
- When will Magic, Music, and Mayhem return (probably never, which is a shame as it was the most spectular of the Magic Kingdom's shows)
- When will Remember return to it's full show

My guess is that any new show may not be as spectacular as any of the above. Firework shows cost money and pinching a few pennies are probably going to win out.

Of course, with the new Fantasyland, maybe a few additional in park launch locations can be added to the mix? The park launched shells aren't as expensive as some of the northern launched stuff.

EPCOT Explorer

I'm fine with this sticking around for a VERY long time. I love it...:eek::lol:

/Wishes Fanboy.

Only WISH (heh) were for it to have some park tie ins.:shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

But Illuminations is better.:lol:

IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth is the best show produced by WDE, ever, IMHO. Fantastic music, effects, scope, STORYINE....It's amazing.

Yes, RDCT is tremendous, and is VERY nostalgic, but RoE is far more original. That's what does it for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom